Chapter 18 - Marshall

Chapter 18

Like a Fool

"Im sorry Oli, but..." (Y/n) squeezes her lips together, currently fighting her mind that was still making doubts about if she were to choose this person.

She cups her cheek with her hand, gazing at the floor she was standing on. She does love Oli, but Oli can wait, right? For now, she needs to find Marshall. Who knows what he meant by 'leaving (Y/n)'s life'.

He has already been rejected so much that it led him to the point of thinking if anyone does love him, If anyone does care for that useless soul of his. He was desperate for love, yes, indeed he was. Though, the cause for him being like that was because he was never truly loved by anyone, not even his own parents, not even his parents that adopted him. Why was he always being play with, why was he always being toyed when he always gave his best for the person he loved?

(Y/n) nods to herself, "I have to get him out of his trance before he does anything stupid to himself!" She dashes out of the door of the bathroom then to the front door, forgetting to bring her coat with her for the cold weather that was awaiting her right at her doorstep.

(Y/n) already knew Marshall's background. At some point, he told her this when they were hanging out together. She gritted her teeth,

You better wait for me, Marshall.

She runs to the mall and searches the whole place, but unfortunately he wasn't there and it took her about 1 hour to search for him there. Next, she went to the bridge she and Marshall went to afterwards their friendly date, Marshall has always loved the view on that bridge, whether it be morning or evening, it always cheered him up when he was down. But again, he wasn't there, and it took (Y/n)'s time. By now, the sun was setting, and she was worried as heck. Then her brain remembers something Marshall said to her a while back.

"If by any chance I go missing when Im down, I'd probably be on that hill where I get to see the city."

"That hill that takes you 30 minutes to get there?" (Y/n) chuckles.

"Yeah. Also," Marshall leans towards (Y/n)'s ear and whispers, "You're the first person I've ever told about this." He smiles at her, showing his eye smile.

"I'd really love to go there with you. You'll be the first." He adds and looks back at her (E/c) orbs that were twinkling with her mouth agape. She was blushing madly, and Marshall loved that.

"Seriously..." she sighs as she dashes to the bus stop.

-

"Marshall!" she smiles upon seeing him sitting on the bench that had snow covering it partly, gazing into the sun that was setting. He turns around to face her and smiles lightly as she walks towards him.

(Y/n) dusts off the snow and sits down beside him, doing the same thing he was doing. "How'd you know I was here?" Marshall asks above a whisper. She chuckles, "You told me, don't you remember?" Marshall lets out an 'ahh', nodding his head cutely.

"Why..." he coughs, "why didn't you go to him?" he asks, as (Y/n) purses her lips. "I... I thought you'll do something stupid to yourself." she answers.

"I've stopped ages ago, you didn't have to worry."

"Well, I just can't stop myself worrying about you."

"Why?"

"I-I don't know... You make me feel this way."

"Do you worry about him too?"

"Yeah."

"(Y/n)..." he calls out, she looks at him with her orbs. "Do you know how much that makes my heart flutter? Upon hearing you say that?" Her lips part.

"Do you know... (Y/n), I have been loving the wrong women like a fool?" he pauses, "But loving you... was the smartest thing I ever did."

She tries to say something but gets cut off, "(Y/n), will you please give me a chance? A chance to prove that... I love you more than he does. I will make you smile everyday, will make you laugh and I will make you happy everyday. So please, can you just give me a chance to prove I am worthy of your love?"

She blushes, "But-- I love..."

"I know. I'll soon change that. I'll prove you wrong, I'll prove that I am the one that you love."

"I love you, (Y/n)."

-

KIND OF A CRAPPY CHAPTER BUT YALL BE CHOOSING OLI ANYWAY