1. Welcome

Quinn's POV

"Rachel, where are you?"

I can't believe this, where is she now? I've been standing here for ages and she still hasn't come back.

"Rachel! Get out!"

She walked out in the middle of my sentence and honestly, my breath was taken.

"How do I look?" she asked with a excited tone in her voice.

"You look great" I said, looking at her.

She smiled and showed me around the rest of the apartment. It was small but it was nice, now that Kurt moved in with Blaine she lives alone, it fits her.

"Aaand, this is the bedroom"

"It's nice" I said and turned around "How did you afford this place anyways?"

"My dads helped.. And you know, money from working at the diner and that one broadway show I did" Rachel said and looked up at me "I'm glad you finally used the train ticket I gave you, Quinn" she smiled and walked me out of the room into the small kitchen.

"Why didn't you just stay at your other place, Kurt moved out right?" I asked

"I wanted something new. A fresh start, that place reminds me too much of my past" Rachel said and took out two bottles of water. She threw one for me to catch and started drinking out of hers.

"I understand" I said and let out a soft, silent sigh "I haven't been here since we were here with the Glee Club, do you care to show me around? We should go out while I'm here"

"Are you sure? I mean, you just got here.. Aren't you tired?" Rachel asked.

"I'm perfectly fine, Rachel. Let's go somewhere and we'll come back here later" I said and smiled at her.

We went out and Rachel took me to this italian ice cream place some blocks away from her apartment. It was perfect, the weather was nice and the sun striked our eyes every now and then.

"That ice cream was amazing, thank you. New York is beautiful" 

"No problem, Quinn. I know I've said it already but I'm really happy you're here" Rachel said and looked at me with her brown eyes "I've been through a lot, you know?" she said again.

"You don't have to explain anything to me. I understand.. I mean, me of all people" I said and looked away at my left, people were walking around hand in hand, some were kissing and others were having picnics on the clear green grass.

Rachel just looked at me and she gave a light smile with her lips and we continued to walk.

"I'm glad we're friends"