eleven ⇝ when blue eyes meet brown (sometimes its enchanting)

"The heart was made to be broken."

Oscar Wilde

Bitter Pill, by Gavin James
"For your love I can change..."

❁❁❁

Maya Hart, 16

you fell in love with her blindly.

simply saying, you didn't even know you had fallen in love with her till that trip to the beach at the end sophomore year.

your shoulders were sunburnt and she helped you take off your bikini top because it was too painful doing it yourself.

she laughed at the redness and you felt her soft lips touch the skin.

it wasn't supposed to electrocute you. it send a billion of sparks throughout your body and your heart fluttered and you don't think you've ever felt so light.
you wanted her to do it again, and you came to the conclusion that maybe, just maybe, you would sunburn your whole body just so she could kiss it.

(you know it's weird. but you liked it- a lot.)

;;

it was 3am. the rest of the world was sleeping yet the 5 of you were awake. you managed to get the radio to work, and you all danced around to 80s, 90s, & Now.

she radiated with jubilation and was breathtaking jumping around and dancing. her laughter vibrated off the peeling off walls in the motel.

her brown eyes locked with your blues and it was enchanting.
she beamed at you and you reached your hand out. she gladly took it and you danced together for a bit, then you decided to spin her.

(little did you know- this would be the spin that ruins it all.)

her hair lifted off her shoulders as she threw herself into the spin. your world moved in slow motion, and you captured every inch of beauty she had in the second she spun.

she was always happy. a fun, free spirited, little sprite- but she was prepared. she knew better than to be fully innocent and let her guard all the way down.

but with you- she was vulnerable she was small, tiny, you're little smiley riley. she felt safe around you.

safe enough to bring her laugh back to normal. girly giggles and pinched eyes. safe enough to heighten her voice to what you're used to.

she was a different person with you- and it was amazing.

you would never hurt her. and you wouldn't dare break the promise you made all those years ago.

you'll always be here.

she stopped spinning and looked up at you with glittering eyes and glowing smile that almost, almost, blinded you.

you spun her again, just because you neededto hear that addicting giggle again. to see her happiness once again.

again, and again, and again. she went in circles and radiating euphoria.

you all winded down and collapsed on the couch, riley on top of you.

you could see farkle grimace beside you because god forbid if you laid on the couch.

the boys said goodnights before going to their room down the yellowing hallway. you and riley remained on the couch, her willowy figure tucked between your left side and the back of the couch. her head rested on your chest, little puffs of breath dancing over your skin.