Chapter Six

"I've always been misrepresented. You know, I could dress in a clown costume and laugh with the happy people but they'd still say I'm a dark personality." ~Tim Burton

Ria Rae looked nervous when she was looking at her lifeless body. Her body was frozen and almost had a blue hue to it. I held her hand into mine trying to calm her down.

"I look so dead." I couldn't help but crack a smile at her comment. The other reapers surrounded her body holding hands.

"You won't be so dead soon." When she looked at me a tear was coming down her eye.

"When I become one... you'll be human?" I shook my head.

"I'm going to turn human in two days." Ria Rae made her lips in a thin line and looked back at her body.

"I don't want you to leave me..." She whispered then let go of my hand. "Okay. I'm ready. " Keith nodded at her and took his hand out. She took it and laid next to her body.

I should have told her...

Ria Rae scrunched up her face in pain. She's going to hate me.

"Why am I stinging?" Her body and ghost form started to have smoke coming out of them. "Cage what-" She screamed in pain and her lifeless body lit on fire.

"No no! What are you doing?" Ria Rae screamed at me. I always hated this part of the transition. The reapers started to hum in unison and I joined them staring at her. She screamed in pain the entire time and cried as she watched her body being in flames.

The humming got louder and more intense, Keith started to speak in Latin cutting his hand and letting his blood drip on Ria Rae's ghost form and body. She screamed and pleaded for us to stop, but the more she screamed, the louder the humming got, and the louder Keith spoke.

Her body was a dusty black and pieces of her burnt skin was peeling off. Her body looked unrecognizable, each time Ria Rae looked at her body she cried harder and harder and kept repeating please stop. The fire turned blue and she let out her final scream disappearing. Her body in ashes and her ghost form gone. The humming stopped and Keith said a few words in Latin. We sat in a circle and he made a smaller circle with his blood. When he was done he joined us and we held hands again.

"Ria Rae." We all said in unison. We said it again and again until a blue fire appeared. A few seconds later the fire got big and then appeared Ria Rae standing there naked staring at us. Her beautiful dark brown skin glowed under the dim lights and her tight curls bounced to life. She stood there strong while the blue fire was still surrounding her. It engulfed into her body and she closed her eyes letting it in. When she opened her eyes they were gold. We let go of our hands and took out the contacts we used to cover our glowing gold eyes.

"We are not aligned with Heaven nor Hell. We assassin the creates that crawl in the night." We said in unison.

"Welcome... Ria Rae." Keith said to her. She stood their motionless her glowing gold eyes moving around staring at all of us. Ria lifted her hands and the blue fire reappeared dancing swaying its way up to her hands arms. The reapers looked at her in shock and awe because the blue fire never reappeared on them. Only the higher ranking reapers can create it. The fire surrounded her body yet again and her eyes got brighter and the fire simmered down.

"I knew it." Keith said to himself. Ria Rae's eyes went back to the natural glow. She looked out at us yet again. Turning around to see everyone looking at her. She looked down at her body feeling on herself. Ria touched her face then her hair.

"Ria Rae." I whispered her name. Gold eyes look beautiful on her.

"Cage." She said boldly. Ria Rae still stood there naked and acted like it was nothing.

"We are the angles that serve Death. We escort the deceased souls to the afterlife." We all said in unison.

"We are reapers."