CHAPTER 6 - TRIGGERED

- Cassidy - 

I got out of the car and ran into the station, oh my God Caden what did you do now?

He was sitting on one of the benches and he looked up at me when I came into view. 

"Rose?" There was a flash of guilt in his eyes and he turned away, red rising in his cheeks. Clearly embarrassed.

I sighed and went to the counter, seeing Smith there, filling the documents to bail him out. 

"Miss Rose," he acknowledged me and I nodded back.

"What did he do?" 

He sighed but managed a small smile, "It's been so long since he beat someone up this bad. The last time was when he was in college."

My eyes widened, "He beat someone up?" 

He nodded, "There were some reporters following him around today and seems like one of them ticked him off. He beat that guy till his whole face was bruised."

I cringed slightly, as if I could feel the pain.

"He refuses to tell me what the reporter said to get him that angry though, maybe you can try talking to him."

"Yeah okay," honestly I was afraid. I haven't seen this side of Caden before and I didn't know what to expect.

I sat next to him and I could feel his body tense next to me. 

"Caden?" 

He sighed, "Yeah?" 

"Wanna talk about it?" I looked at his hands and realised his knuckles were grazed, probably from punching the reporter.

"Oh my God Caden you're bleeding," I reached for his hand but he flinched and pulled away.

Something flashed in his eyes and it scared me. 

"Don't touch me Rose."

"What?"

"Don't touch me, I can't gurantee your safety if you do," with that, he stood up and strode out the doors. 

- Caden -

That ass fucking reporter I swear I can rip his face off.

I was already pissed enough I had a bunch of idiots following me around for God-knows-what reason.

I went to the cafe near my office for a drink and I told Smith to not follow me because I was sick of it.

I didn't mean to be mean to him but fuck the reporters were getting on my nerves.

I wore a black jacket and a cap and walked out by the back exit of the building.

I managed to get away from the horde of reporters and made my way to the cafe.

I ordered my mocha and stood by the road side, just chilling. Glad to have some peace and quiet.

Then someone stood next to me and I glanced at him, "May I help you?"

He smirked, "Nice disguise Mr Jones, no one noticed you."

"Fuck off," I swallowed whatever was left of my drink and strode in the direction back to my firm.

I tossed the cup in the bin and the idiot caught up with me, "Come on man, make my life easier, I just want to ask you some questions."

"About what?"

"About you and Miss Rose of course. Seems like you guys are serious huh?"

I rolled my eyes though my heart skipped a beat when I heard her name, "None of your business crack head, get lost."

He chuckled and slowed his footsteps, "Sure I'll get lost."

Then he managed to say loud enough for me to hear, "I can head down and ask your sexy girlfriend about her opinion instead, no big deal." 

I stopped in my tracks, "What did you say?" 

He walked up to me, slightly shorter than me but he looked in my eyes, "I'm sure she can spare me some time you know, to answer some of my questions, and for me to answer hers. Maybe even more than that right? I can even interview her in bed if she'd like."

I felt the veins in my neck start to pop, "Are you fucking serious?"

He shrugged, "She's beautiful isn't she? Her body, her curvy waist and tight skirt is just fucking sexy-"

I registered nothing after that, I only remember punching his face till he wasn't responding anymore.

-----------------------------------------------------------