Chapter 5: Danny's POV

DANNY

Everything was going fucking crazy. There are less zombies than when they first broke in, and we were holding them off fairly well for 13-14 year olds.

After about a half hour of bashing heads in, the zombies finally relented and we were able to close the doors. Now we had people counting the dead.

Eight. Eight more people dead. I had seen Matt and Luke R getting ripped to shreds after attempting to serenade the zombies with "Careless Whisper".

Agatha was sitting in the corner, sharpening her knife, Nicky was cursing non-stop at Luke Smith. Juan had gotten way too into this and tore off his shirt, which he now regretted as he sat shivering.

I had nothing to do. I checked my phone. I wasn't able to call anybody.

I sat, completely and utterly bored. A few girls hugged in the corner. Some were crying. Bloodied saxophones and trombones were on the floor. We got rid of all the bodies. We made sure the doors were secure.

Hours passed.

The class bells still rang. Everybody ate their lunches solemnly and shared with those who hadn't brought any.

Gigi sat down and did her homework. Really Gigi? Now?

"Guys! I'm pulling the fire alarm so we can get help!" Luke shouted, running to the fire alarm.

"Luke, you fucking idiot, don't do that!" Nicky shouted after him.

"Yeah Luke, that is very unwise," I added.

Luke had his hand on the fire alarm, about to pull.

"Imma do it guys."

"Luke, NO!"

"Ready for this?"

"LUKE!" everybody shouted.

BANG. Taylor crashed symbols over Luke's head.

"Did it work?" Taylor asked, bending over.

"Is he dead?" Aidan asked.

"Probably," Lexie replied.

"Lets stuff him in the bass cabinet," Fernanda chimed in.

"Okay," Everybody said.

Aidan and Taylor picked Luke up and shoved him inside the bass cabinet. Nobody fucking cared.

As the day droned on, we began to run out of food. Luckily, we had water from the sink in back.

"Ok, everybody," Juan began. He was standing on the chair again and had put on a PE shirt with the name Joahan scrawled on it.

Juan counted us. 39. We definitely needed to get food, and fast. The cafeteria was just down the hall, but it was dangerous.

"Ok, we need to get food. I need a team of people coming with me. Any volunteers?" Juan recited.

Of course, nobody raised their hands.

"Fine. I'll choose then. Gigi, Andrew, Joahan, Amaya, Agatha, Sophia, Taylor, Johnny, and Danny."

Fuck. I'm going to die.

We cleared out our backpacks and readied ourselves for the "adventure of a lifetime". We had our instrument weapons and were ready for battle.

As we exited the classroom and were in the hallway, it was surprisingly empty. It wasn't until we got into the multi.

Zombies in PE uniforms were everywhere, even a zombie of Mr. Tucker, which made me laugh somehow. We crawled to the cafeteria area, without any zombies noticing us.

There were no zombies inside. We filled our backpacks with poptarts, doritos, cheetos, pizza sticks, and anything we could get out hands on.

The zombies had followed us in. Johnny got caught and was shredded to pieces. None of us cared though. I grabbed his backpack and started running outside. We all started running, but took the longer route. The two backpacks weighed me down, and I got stuck behind everybody else. The cafeteria door closed in front of me, and I was trapped.