Cause Of Death

It took a couple days but I was back on my feet, the scars that were left upon my body were healed over quite nicely but you could still feel the rough healed over skin where the knife had gone in, I found myself running my fingers over the flesh multiple times a day without thinking, it was tough to get used to. I was walking now, my body was quite weak and fragile from being asleep for 6 months straight and learning to eat solid food again was also interesting, my stomach was so used of being pumped with liquid food it took a bit to get used to a piece of toast or mashed potato. My skin was pale, and I still had subtle bags under my eyes but besides that I was pretty much looking like my old self. Angel was looking after me as I slept, she kept my body clean and washed my hair for me so I still looked somewhat human when I awoke from my slumber.

The past few days have been hell to say the least, I've not been allowed to leave my room, probably because of my violent behavior but what did they expect, they just told me that Tom and myself are dead, the realization that the one man I could truly count on to always rescue me was not coming this time, this time I had no one looking for me, this time I couldn't have that small slither of hope that Tom was out there and he was doing everything he could to get to me right now so I could be safe back in his arms once again...now there was no one, I was on my own.

Being pronounced dead was an odd feeling, I no longer had an identity. Angel said that Roman may give me a new name like he did for her and all the other girls, a new identity to live my new life with. It was a strange feeling thinking about my parents back at home and what they were thinking. They most likely thought I got caught up in a bad crowd and that's how it all came to an end, but if there was anyone out there left who really knew me they would know I was not like that and that there must be more to the story and if someone did actually dig they would find their curiosity was true and there really was a whole other side to this story.

Today was the day I had to face Roman once again, after our first encounter I didn't think he was too keen for the second but I was determined to get some real answers, I had to know the truth and I was going to do whatever I had to do to get those answers , even if it meant I had to 'behave'. If everything he had said really was true that meant that there was no one out there looking for me, which meant I did have to try to be on my best behavior to get myself out of here. Whenever Angel would have a chance she would explain as much as she could to me and the thing that stood out the most of everything she told me was that if I did not do what I was told I would be beaten, tortured or raped, so I knew that I had to act like a good little servant until an opportunity came up to strike. One thing I learnt from being Tom's "pet" was that constantly fighting against the person was not the smartest way to go about things, I was lucky in a way Tom ended up taking it easy on me but I was not willing to take the chance of being beaten or raped ever again.

"Are you ready?" Angel called from the door, her name was short for Angela, it was her "new name" given to her by Roman when she was first snatched from the streets of Prague, yes, I was now in Europe. Angel was only 18 when she was taken by Roman and his men and she learnt the hard way not to misbehave, the scars left on her body inflicted by Roman's men. She said Roman himself never touched the girls, he had his main girl Kristina that was "his" and the rest of them were to sell their bodies to make him money, he was sex trafficking.

"Yes" I almost grumbled as I stared upon myself in the mirror, the small revealing black lacy top I was given to wear was not exactly my usual choice of attire, paired with some tight black jeans and leather heel boots I felt like I was already seen by everyone as one of his girls that sold sex. I sighed, I was going to do whatever I could to stop myself from having to go down that track, if I played my cards right I was hoping to do any other job but have sex with strangers for money.