<33>

In the cottage in the forest, in the darkness and cold after midnight, two peculiar shimmering figures appeared at its porch. The figures knocked on the old wooden door. The metallic figure sprang and looked for a candle to light. He ran to the door, carrying the light, to welcome his guests.

Clack goes the door open.

"A pleasant to you Algol and Aldebaran. What made you visit at this time?" The metallic figure said.

"Auriga, Moon Spirit has commisioned us to do some work again. We thought we were done with his jobs. I'm thankful for the pay, but I feel anxious and stressed around him," Algol answered. "Can we come in?"

"Sure, sure. Come in. I'm sure it's definitely more comfortable in here," the steel-clad figure answered. Algol and Aldebaran walked into the warm interior of Auriga's abode. They sat upon an old moth-eaten sofa.

"What brings you here other than what you just said?" Auriga friendlily asked.

"Aldebaran was commissioned to watch over some human kids. I think they just needs some encouragement or cheers for this job. They had a bad experience with humans," Algol said.

"I see. Well, I'd say they're totally better these years I think. I never actually went to a human settlement proper. They definitely got less superstitious over time. You'll definitely be hassled less if you're seen," Auriga said.

"Yeah, sure. It's not like it's going to make Aldebaran any calmer or any more confident," Algol replied.

"Could you stop talking about me for a while and enjoy the silence," Aldebaran spoke.

"Ok sure," Algol answered.

There was a few minutes of silence. There's a bit of discomfort among the friends. A hot cup of tea brought some comfort in the growing discomfort of the night.

"The dawn is growing nearer. It's time for us to take our leave," Aldebaran broke the silence.

"Would you care to have some roasted seeds before you leave," Auriga said.

"I guess we could have a couple bagfuls," Aldebaran said and Auriga proceeded to prepare two bags for them.

"Finish that cup you have there, Algol. We can't make Moon Spirit impatient," Aldebaran said. Algol quickly sipped their cup clean. Couldn't get enough, Algol proceeded to lick the insides of the cup.

Auriga had finished his preparation of the bags of seeds. He closed the bags with shimmering yellow ribbons.

"Here, may these seeds replenish your strength," Auriga said as he handed the bags of seeds to Algol and Aldebaran.

"Many thanks, our friend. We'll leave now," Aldebaran said.

"Go ahead. I'll be off to rest. My plates has become loose after I haven't slept for ages," Auriga replied.

"Goodbye," Algol and Aldebaran said before finally leaving the premises.

Auriga closed and locked his home's door. Auriga proceeded on blowing off the fires that lit the house.

Auriga woozily walked up the stairs. He entered a room with a bed in which he often rests. There was a faint light that came from under the blankets and remembered Nix. Nix occupied that bed. To not disturb Nix' healing body, Auriga slept on the rough wooden floor. Auriga fell to deep sleep in mere seconds.