Wattpad Original
There are 5 more free parts

Nightfall 3: First Kill

"Save yourself..."

EURUS

I dipped myself in hot water. Hinayaan kong bukas ang pinto upang makapasok si White. The water smelled like raspberry and roses, a scent that reminded me of my mother, and it relaxed me. A temporary comfort.

I played with the rose petals and dipped my head even lower, hanggang lumubog sa tubig ang kalahati ng mukha ko. Ramdam ko ang pagpasok ni White kahit wala siyang ginagawang ingay. Her footsteps were so silent, so light as a feather.

"I smell blood and cats," she started. I knew her eyes were narrowing at me even if I didn't turn my head in her direction. Inalis ko sa pagkakalubog ang ulo ko at kumportableng isinandal ito sa bathtub. Nakatingala na ako sa puting kisame at malalim na nag-isip.

"Maybe you're right..." mahinang panimula ko.

"About what?" naguguluhang tanong niya.

"They're coming for me," sagot ko.

Natahimik siya pero alam kong iniintindi niya ang bawat sinasabi ko. "Ano bang nangyari?" inis na tanong niya. She hated it whenever I answered her indirectly. Napapagod na napangiti ako dahil sa inaasal niya. She never changed. She always wanted to get straight to the point. She didn't want to be left hanging, guessing.

"A stray cat attacked me. He said I smell good. A scent that gets him drunk. And then another cat, from a pack, said I smell good and different. What were they talking about?" naguguluhang tanong ko. Ibinaling ko ang naguguluhang tingin kay White. Halos magkasalubong na ang kilay ko. She was intently looking at me. Iginalaw ko ang kamay upang abutin siya and I touched her fluffy white fur. I rubbed her chin and she moved closer. Napapikit pa siya. She loved to be pet.

"Stop it," she playfully said, but I knew she didn't want me to stop. She was always playing hard to get. I softly laughed. Naalala ko tuloy ang hybrid na nagligtas sa 'kin kanina. He was also playing hard to get. He amused me.

Bahagyang natigilan si White nang may maalala. Nanlaki ang mga gintong mata niya nang tumingin sa 'kin. "Did you say you smell good? But not because you're a cat?" gulat na tanong niya sa 'kin. Her reaction was late.

Kumunot ang noo ko dahil sa sinabi niya pero marahan akong tumango. "I don't smell like a cat. They should have discovered who I was if I do," sagot ko.

Naalarma si White. She sniffed the air and inhaled my scent. Mas lalo siyang natigilan. Dread flooded her expression. Kinabahan ako dahil sa reaksyon niya. "Holy cat!" she cursed. "How could I forget?" Nanlalaki ang mga mata niya sa gulat at realisasyon.

She stared at me with wide eyes. I could see fear and dread.

"Bakit?" tanong ko kahit natatakot ako sa isasagot niya.

"Tama siya. You smell good. You smell like power," sagot ni White. Mas lalo akong naguluhan. "Holy cat! Your power is slipping away!" she exclaimed.

"What does that mean?" takang tanong ko. "What power?"

"That means your life is slipping away!" sigaw niya sa 'kin. "You'll meet deaths starting from your 21st birthday, and your 21st birthday already passed weeks ago. They will come after your life because it's now your destiny. Danger will come to you because of your scent."

Hindi ko maintindihan ang mga sinasabi niya kahit gusto ko mang intindihin. Nakatitig lang ako sa kanya pero wala akong masabi.

Nagpatuloy siya pero halata ang takot sa bawat salitang binibitawan niya. The urgency in her voice was noticeable. Wala siyang pakialam kung naiintindihan ko ba o hindi ang mga sinasabi niya. "Those who want power will get drunk of it. If they succeed to take your life, they will become more powerful. You are meant to be hunted because you threw away your responsibilities. You left everything behind by unlinking me. You are now cursed and marked. You disappointed and angered the gods."