Chapter 21- L-Lo-Lot's of Fighting ;)

Everyone had just gotten back from trying to get Jace and to my surprise they hadn't saved him. Clary told me what happened, how Jocelyn tried to kill him, how he grabbed Valentine and jumped into a portal. "Why would she do that? It's Jace, her son!" Clary shrugged "She said he's evil, that Valentine injected him with demon venom." I shook my head "No, no, I grew up with Jace. He is loyal, and strong, and selfless. He is not evil." Clary sighed "I know....have you seen Alec? I should probably talk to him." I nodded "He's in the training room." I lead Clary to him and we both walked in to see him beating up a punching bag. "Alec, are you okay?" Clary asked walking closer, I hung back knowing he was a little more than pissed off at the moment. He stopped his punches and took deep breaths "Pretty bold of you to show your face here." he said before returning to his workout "I can explain." Clary tried I stepped closer to them "Unless your explanation can bring Jace back, save it." he punched the bag hard and I winced "Alec, Jace is my brother, too." Alec turned on her "Alec..." I tried, knowing he was going to say something he may regret.

     "You barely know him. I grew up with him, I fought by his side. He's my brother, my best friend." he said getting in her face, Clary put a hand on his arm which he just pulled away from "Alec...Alec, I want Jace back as much as you do. I...I am not my mother." Clary tried, being on the same side as him was more of a benefit than him working against her. "How well do I even know you? I mean, you show up out of nowhere, you convince my brother, you convince me... to search for your mother. And the next thing I know, Jace is gone. And your mother is the one trying to kill him." Alec spoke. I stepped closer to them "I had nothing to do with that, Alec. I would never hurt Jace." Alec towered over her "Since you've arrived, you've caused nothing but problems. My family lost their birthright. Izzy was almost deruned, and now Valentine has my parabatai. And it's all because of you." Izzy walked up to us then, watching the scene unfold. "Alec...I'm sorry." Clary whispered, tears in her eyes. "Alec, this isn't her fault." Izzy said "When are you gonna realize you don't belong here? You never have." I stepped between them, pushing Alec's chest to make some space between them "Hey! Listen to me, the both of you." I said angrily looking from Alec to Clary. "This is nobody's fault but Valentine's. He's messing with all of us." I sighed "Look, I grew up with all of you. Clary had no idea of any of this until Jocelyn was attacked. Do you really think her and Jocelyn have some sort of long term plan with Valentine?" I asked glaring at Alec. "And Clary, it's not your fault, I know you think it is. Try to talk some sense into Jocelyn, I know Jace, Alec knows Jace...better than anyone. He's not evil." she looked to the ground and I looked up at Alec "Are we good?" I asked looking between them. Alec rolled his eyes and went back to the punching bag.

      I sighed "Hey, since we're all here....how about we do a little sparring?" I asked. They all looked at me "Izzy and Clary can team up, and me and Alec can." Alec looked away from me "No, just leave me be." I walked closer to him and stood half between him and the bag forcing him to stop his punches "Come on, training will help us all....besides, you know it's what both us do when we're stressed." he looked me over before nodding "Alright, meet back here in ten. I have to go change." I looked them all over and they nodded.

" I looked them all over and they nodded