Finding an old friend

I was walking through the woods when I heard footsteps and talking. A group. I thought as I scanned through them to see who they were. I couldn't see them properly so I decided to try edge a bit closer to the group when....SNAP!
A twig broke underneath my shoes.. I whispered "Shit!"
as I heard footsteps coming and a mixture of scared whispers and angered shouts. Then, out of nowhere, I was picked up by the top of my jacket and met with a familiar brown eye... his eyes widened as I shouted out loud "Kenny?!?" He looked at me then said "Scarlett?!" My eyes had tears in them as I hugged him tightly, he tensed at first, not used to this sort of thing, and gently hugged back. Then another fellow came up and said "If we're done with this little reunion now, We want to know why you are following us!" I looked at them and gave an awkward smile and said "Sorry, I was passin' through these parts and stumbled across this here group, me bein' me, I decided to try scope y'all out- make sure you weren't a part of Carver's crew or anythin'. Sorry for intrudin' on y'all." Kenny looked at me and smiled "Looks like you finally pick'd up the accent!" He said while ruffling up my hair."Kenny, I'm twenty six now! I'm not a kid!"
Kenny looked at me, then at my gun and supplies.
The man who was shouting at me earlier came over and said "Sorry 'bout that, just not easy trustin' someone round here after everything..."
I just shrugged and replied "Y'all don' have to apologise, it's ma fault in the first place." Kenny looked me up and down again until his eyes reached my face, he looked a bit shocked. He said, angrily "Who did this to you?"
My face turned from joyful to devoid. I said in a monotone voice "Bandits....they stole from my camp and killed my group. I was the only survivor. Been on my own ever since." He turned from angry to concerned, he replied "When?"
I looked him straight in the eye, with truth written all over me as I said "Several years ago." He looked even more concerned now "With no one?" I nodded. He hugged me again, I hugged him back and started to cry onto his shoulder. I whispered/ cried so everyone could hear me "Then...they....they made me watch them...kill each other....rip each other to shreds..........TURN....Kenny, I was so scared! ......I......I missed you...."
He tensed up at this and shouted "Jesus! Who would do that to someone! Especially someone like you." Everyone around me had looks of shock, concern and disgust that a human being could do that. I went into my backpack and got out two chocolate bars and handed it to two young girls that were in the group. I said "Kenny.....are Katjaa and Duck..?" He nodded silently. I looked at him "Damn Kenny...-- Gah!!" A bullet hit my arm. I clung onto it for dear life. I muttered "Ow! Damn! Jesus!"
I grabbed my rifle and shot at where the bullet came from. I heard a blood-curdling scream so I was sure it hit. Then I saw a guy run behind a tree so I aimed and fired at and angle that could shoot there. I heard another scream except a lot more deeper and foreign. I looked over at everyone else quickly and saw that everyone was alive except a woman with frizzy black hair, who was carrying a baby and was looking extremely pale and ill. She had turned and still had the baby on her. Just as I was about to shoot, someone else shot. I looked over to see who it was and saw one of the girls from earlier holding a handgun and a look of sadness in her eyes. I looked back at my arm to see it was bleeding out. I shook it off and kept shooting the gun at the other group until they were almost all dead. I looked back up at the group, they were all passed out. I went over to Kenny and wrote a letter down on a piece of paper, shot the last guy and left. As I was leaving my vision started to become hazy from losing so much blood. I took a grab for a tree branch and pulled one of my legs up with my good arm, then pulled myself up the rest of the way with both my arm and leg. I kept doing that until I reached a high branch, that was out of reach from the walkers. I held my gun close as I willingly let sleep take over me, drawn to the options of both hoping to survive another day in this death plagued world or hoping to die and become one of them satanic beings.