Why did you save me?

Kenny POV:
I woke up early and looked around, noticing the area we were in earlier had been turned into a temporary camp, searching for a certain white-haired girl but to no avail. I looked around me and spotted a note saying 'To Kenny,
If you're reading this, I'm gone. I'm sorry I had to leave but on the bright side it's one less person to worry about. I left because I was shot, in the arm to be specific. I took care of the last guy for you. The baby is safe with Clementine. I'm sorry I left but you lost too much already- seeing my mangled arm might just do you in, no offence. I know if I don't get it treated I'm gonna turn so... I'm gonna have to shoot--'
I stopped reading and got up swiftly, I ran into the woods carelessly and rushed to find her, all I thought was 'She is one of the few people in this world who I'd die protecting.
I'm not going to let her die on me.'
I suddenly heard a chorus of zombie groans coming from nearby and ran over. I saw them gathering around a tree looking up. As I slowly looked up to see who they were looking at, I saw I deathly pale Scarlet, with an arm that had a bloody hole that needed to be cleansed and fixed up.
(WARNING: Blood)

Looking at her like that made my heart ache in the same way it did when Katjaa and Sarita died but worse

Looking at her like that made my heart ache in the same way it did when Katjaa and Sarita died but worse. I couldn't be in love with her....she's too young....She's 26 and I'm 39.
I shook my thoughts off and grabbed my wrench and started slaughtering the zombies that were trying to eat Scarlet in her vulnerable state.
Once I was done killing them, I climbed up the first branch and carried Scarlet carefully toward the camp with a concerned look on my face. I entered the camp put her down on a make-shift bed as I looked at her arm and gently tugged her other arm away from it to get a better look. It looked terrible and was bleeding out. Instinctively, I ripped some of my shirt off to make into a bandage for her.

I'm not losing anyone else...