girlfriend, perhaps? [chapter eight.]

Arriving at the airport several hours later, I was wide-awake due to what seemed like an endless amount of sleep I received from the plane ride. We had set down in London, England, and although all I had seen was the inside of the airport, I loved the place already.

The first thing that caught my eye were the accents. The lovely British accents from the boys were one thing, but the sounds of the voices of other British commuters on the plane, working in the airport and just random people filled my ears. I already knew that whenever I opened my mouth here, I'd be speaking the vastly different lingo and adding an air of superiority to my voice. British people couldn't help that, I suppose, but it was a little annoying that their voices sounded high and mighty.

The second thing I noticed were the rays of sunshine that peered through the airport windows. This wasn't something I expected at all, since all I had heard about the UK was the minimal sunny weather it seemed to endure. I needed the sun more than the regular person; the sun aided my tan and without it, I was a pale, freckled freak.

Call me shallow, but I needed that tan.

The third thing that seemed to be everywhere I looked were the photographers. Or should I say, the paparazzi. As soon as the boys and I walked through out of the International Arrivals section of the airport, they were snapping wildly. I felt as though my eyes were going to burst due to the amount of bright lights flashing in my eyes.

"Cass," Louis beckoned me to him and took off Zayn's flat cap he wore. "Wear this and keep your head down." I did as he asked, following the boys as we were ushered outside, past some screaming fan girls and to the limousine.

"Harry! How's your relationship with Caroline Flack?"

"Liam, is it true you and Danielle have split?"

"Niall, is the blonde your girlfriend?" I couldn't help but snap my head up at the words. I regretted it immediately as they snapped a picture of me. Quickly, I pushed my head down again.

Why were they asking Niall, of all people whether I was his girlfriend? I needed some answers, and as soon as we were safely ushered into the private limousine, I logged onto Facebook for some answers.

Staring right in front of me was an article a friend of mine had recently read: Niall's Mysterious Blonde. Girlfriend perhaps?

My eyes widened in anger as I furiously stabbed the article on my iPhone, earning a chuckle from Zayn as he took the cap from me and placed it on his own head. "Calm down Cass," he used Louis' nickname for me. "We're alone now."

When the article opened, a very clear picture of Niall carrying me onto the airplane was seen. I frowned, dumbfounded. Didn't Louis say he carried me in, not Niall?

Louis had lied to me, and suddenly I was grateful I didn't thank him earlier. Examining the picture again, I noticed the way Niall held me; the typical honeymoon style where his arms held my body to his chest. A small smile appeared on my face when I recognised my black beanie resting on my head, where it was pulled down over my eyes.

I had to admit, I looked kind of cute.

"What are you looking at?" An Irish voice pulled me out of my thoughts as I smiled at Niall. It was funny how my mood changed so quickly, not to mention the way I felt about both Nialland Louis. When Louis did something wrong, I changed my feelings for him and switched to Niall. And vice-versa. A part of me told me it was mean to lead both boys on but I ignored that thought.

Wordlessly I handed him my iPhone, and I saw a grin brighten up his face.

"Let me see," Harry protested, snatching the phone off Niall. "What a gentleman," he snickered.

"What is it?" Louis questioned, amused at his friend's reactions to the picture.

"It's a picture of Niall carrying me into the airplane," I told him matter of factly, "you know. The one where you told me you carried me in?"

An awkward pause filled the air as Louis attempted to cover up his tracks. I had never seen him speechless, so this was amusing to me.

"Well, uh, you see," he started but I interrupted.

"Don't bother," I said, "I don't really care." Surprisingly, Louis nodded solemnly and held my iPhone for a little while longer, scrolling down to read the article. I watched him as his eyebrows suddenly shot up, almost in disbelief.

"What does it say?" I asked curiously. Silently Louis handed me the phone and I read it.

Niall Horan, the Irish member in the band One Direction, has recently been spotted holding a blonde girl as he carried her into the airport. Could this be Niall's girlfriend? The article continued on but I had to stop reading. The word 'girlfriend' was enough for me to decipher the rest of the article.

"Girlfriend?" I choked out. The boys all looked at me in worry. "I can't be someone's girlfriend! I'm going to get attacked!"

"Being attacked is the least of your problems, trust me," Harry, who was sitting next to me, wrapped an arm around my shoulder, "hanging out with us will probably lead to crazed fans and death threats and all that, but you don't need to worry."

I moved away from Harry's arm, "you're telling me I don't need to worry about my life!?"

Before someone else could respond, Liam, who had been quiet the whole time, spoke calmly to the five of us. "Simon saw the pic. He wants to meet Cassidy."

"Simon Cowell?" I squeaked, all my previous thoughts forgotten.

"Simon Cowell," he confirmed.

Shit.

---

Sorry guys! Only half the chapter was uploaded -.- so I had to add on the last bit! Thanks so much for all the reads/votes! I'll be adding a new original fic soon, and maybe another 1D fic about the lovely Harry Styles. I want to finish this one first before I start it, and don't worry - we still have a way to go on this one :)