can you spell lazy? [chapter ten.]

"Cass," whined Harry from inside the tour bus, where he and Niall were currently playing Call of Duty. They were sitting in front of the TV, their eyes glued to the screen as if their lives depended on it.

I sighed. "Yeah?"

"Get me a bottle of water, will you?" I raised my eyebrows at him, not liking the tone he was using with me. Zayn, who was boredly watching the game, leaned over to slap the back of Harry's head.

"Please," he added quickly, his soulful brown eyes momentarily locking with mine before glancing down at the game again.

I smiled and headed for the fridge, grabbing a bottle of water and also a Coke Zero for Niall. We had only been on the bus for forty-five minutes, but already I had been accustomed for Niall's hearty appetite. A Coke Zero was bound to make him less hyper -- or rather, less hyper than usual. Plus I knew that as soon as Niall would see Harry's bottle, he would suddenly claim that he needed something to eat. Typical Niall.

"We should be at Angie's in fifteen minutes," Liam announced, pulling out the map he had printed out on the computer at Simon's office. After Simon had announced that I was to be the boys' new assistant, I had piped up and asked whether I could bring Angie along, or at least, meet up with her and tell her I was in her motherland. I wasn't sure whether Angie would want to come with, for she was keen on studying and following her dreams. On the other hand, it wasn't every day one got the opportunity to tour with a famous band. Yes, I may not have known them much previously, but after knowing of their one hit song it was safe to say that I had become a fan. I wasn't going to be telling them that any time soon.

I sighed again, contently this time. I had missed Angie too much for words, and I couldn't wait until I'd get to see her awesome self again.

"Thank God," I confided in Liam. "The levels of testosterone were too high for me to handle in such a long period of time."

"It's only been an hour or so," Liam replied, confused.

I winked at him. "Exactly."

---

"Is Angie single?" Harry asked bluntly as the tour bus came slowly to a stop.

"Yeah," I replied, smiling, "but don't bother."

"Is she a challenge?" Zayn questioned, rubbing his hands together. "I like a good challenge."

"Please." I sniffed. "Angie is way too good for the both of you."

"Damn it!" Harry protested, throwing his hands up in the air angrily. "Why is everyone too good for me?"

“Aww,” I couldn’t help but smile as I ran my fingers through Harry’s curly locks. “Don’t take it personally. Angie is one hell of a girl and I just wouldn’t want you to get hurt.”

Me get hurt?” He replied incredulously. Zayn shot him a warning look, but Harry continued on. “If anything, she’d be the one getting hurt, not me-”

“Another reason why’d you be all wrong for her,” Louis said, smiling. “If Cassie’s a hard ass, what makes you think her friend’s going to be like that too?”

I smiled proudly. I may be a hard ass when it came to guys but fortunately for me, Angie was one of those types as well. It was one of the reasons why we were such close friends; I didn’t let boys distract me – or tried not to, while Angie was too focused on her career to date. She was currently focusing her time to help others, through the British branches of PETA, an organisation that attempted to stop the cruelty of animals in science and other fields. She had originally wanted to be a vet, but after watching those videos online of stupid owners treating their dogs like shit, she felt the need to make a change. I understood how she felt, but in all honesty I was way too lazy to commit to something, much less do something about anything.