CHAPTER 3: NEXT STAGE (Kai)

"You what!?"

I pulled my phone away from my ear as soon as my team started squealing and laughing. I was in my room, lying on my bed, hugging my favourite pillow. My team and I were on a conference call. I waited until they calmed down.

"Okay." I sighed. "Are you all done?"

"Not quite," Xiumin answered, giggling.

"Really?" Sehun asked. I could tell he was biting his lip, trying to stifle his laugh.

"YOU KISSED DO KYUNGSOO!?" Baekhyun blurted out.

"Uh-huh," I muttered. I smiled to myself, remembering his lips against mine.

"And he kissed you back?" Chen asked.

"Yup." I rolled over on my bed, hugging my pillow tightly.

"How did you do it?" Tao wondered. We all laughed at his question.

"Kiss him on the lips of course." Baekhyun said ironically. I laughed again.

"That's not what I meant," Tao groaned.

"Well I pulled him into a storage room-" I started but Sehun cut me off.

"I bet it was dark."

"You know they don't really bother to put lights in storage rooms," I continued. "So yeah, I told him I won't let him go unless he talks to me and he was being irrational. I couldn't help myself so I kissed him. He was hesitant at first but he kissed me back."

"Sweet macaroons," Xiumin muttered.

"I know."

"Lemme guess, you spent your whole weekend thinking about him, didn't you?" Chen asked.

"Pretty much," I answered. I touched my lips, remembering.

"Aigoo. Kai's in love," Baekhyun sang. The others started singing random love songs as well.

"Yah! Stop it," I grumbled. But inside, my heart was floating. I closed my eyes.

"See you tomorrow," Xiumin sang sweetly. I shook my head.

"Okay. Bye." I hung up.

I glanced at my clock. It's 9:12 in the evening. We'd been talking for about two hours. I put down my phone on the bedside table. I scrambled out of bed and went straight to the balcony. I had a little trouble with the glass sliding door but I managed to pry it open after a while. Cold air caressed my exposed skin as I went to look over the railing. City lights sparkled like stars in the distance. I looked up. The sky was cloudy. I could barely see the moon. Everything seemed so peaceful. Except for my heart.

Kyungsoo. Just the thought of him made my heart flutter like wings. His lips so soft, so sweet, that I never wanted to stop kissing him. But. I didn't know that much about him except that he's an exchange student from Xia Lu University, he has a gothic friend named Luhan, and...well that pretty much sum it all up. Maybe tomorrow we could talk more about his life. Next stage.

I sighed and went back inside my room, feeling tired. I turned the air condition down a couple of notches and sank to my bed. As soon as my head hit the pillow, I drowsed off.

****

I passed by a flower shop on my way to school. It was freezing cold in the morning. I pulled my scarf tighter around my neck as I entered the shop.

"Hello," Hyoyeon, a girl with caramel coloured hair greeted me. She glanced over at me from the vase she was arranging. "You bought white roses the last time you came here, right?" She recalled.