Chapter 3

EDITED

Draco's P.O.V

"W-what are y-you doing here? I asked, my ears burning.

"M-Malfoy?" Harry asked, hastily wiping the tears from his eyes. I was taken aback by the state of him, robes rumpled and his eyes puffy and red from crying. My heart flopped around in my chest and butterflies flew around in my chest. Harry's emerald green eyes glistened with tears behind his glasses as he began to cry again. He pulled his knees up to his chest and covered his face with his hands.

I kneeled down beside the shaking boy and tentatively wrapped my arms around him, tugging him against my chest. He stiffened for a moment, before relaxing and looping his arms around my neck.

Harry's P.O.V

I was shocked when Draco came and pulled me into a hug. I stopped crying and hugged him back. There was that feeling again, like a snitch was flying around in my stomach. I could smell his sent of vanilla and cinnamon, and it was beautifully overwhelming.

"I'm so, so sorry." He mumbled. I nodded into his neck.

"I-I know."

He gently pulled away and moved his arms so he held my hands in his.

"Why are you here? What happened?" Draco asked, concern filling his eyes. I looked down at our hands and then back up at is face, searching it for any signs that this was a trick, but there was none.

"D-Dumbledore told me a-" I took a deep breath. "About a prophecy. It's about me and... it's not good. It-it's j-just to much pressure s-sometimes... I just f-found out about the prophecy and I d-don't know if I can go through w-with all of this." He smiled weakly at me and gave my hands a light squeeze.

"What does it say?" Draco asked quietly.

He the one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches... born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies... and the D-dark Lord will mark h-him as his equal, b-but he will have p-power the Dark L-lord k-knows not..." Draco sucked in a breath.

"...and e-either must d-die at the h-hand of the other for-...neither can live w-while the other s-survives..."

I finished my sentence gulping for air and sobs racking my body as I grabbed a fist full of Draco's shirt. As if there wasn't already enough riding on my shoulders. Draco pulled me closer to him again and rested his head on mine. I small sound escaped his lips, somewhere between a whimper and a sob. Draco Malfoy. Draco Malfoy was crying over me!

I gave a little giggle between sobs and Draco gave me a weird look, tears streaming down his face.

"W-Why are y-you laughing?"He inquired quietly, his mercury grey eyes glistening. I sniffed and pecked him on the cheek, smiling slightly.

"It's j-just that-heh-we used t-to fight all the t-time and everyone t-thought that we hated each other a-and here we are...c-crying in each other's a-arms." I laughed again but it turned into a whimper..

"I-I never hated you, Harry." He whispered. I smiled and snuggled closer to him.

"W-wait." I said, looking at him again. "When I came in y-you were crying... what w-were you upset about?" I brushed the stray strands of platinum blonde hair out of his face.

"Oh..um right."His face fell, "It's nothing. Just- nothing."

I shook my head. "No. Draco, I know it's not nothing. You can tell me, you can... you can trust me."

Draco angrily dashed away his tears and yanked up the sleeve of his left arm, revealing his dark mark.

I followed his gaze and sighed. "I know." I looked back up at him. "What?" He responded carefully. "I already knew you were a death eater." His beautiful silver eyes widened in shock.

"Wha-how?" He spluttered.

"Hermione noticed you were acting strange in Diagon Alley and we followed you. We saw you walk into Borgin and Burks... and then we saw Greyback."

"Oh."

I nodded and looked back down at his arm, my brows furrowing with concern.

I traced his mark with a finger, noticing the small white scars encircling it and crossing it out.

"Draco, you have to stop that. I know you don't want it and you don't deserve the pain it brings you, but hurting yourself won't make it disappear." I whispered, looking up into his eyes. He nodded slightly and rolled his sleeve back down.

"I know. And I'll stop."

I smiled tiredly and rested my head on his shoulder. Within minutes we had both fallen asleep. Safe, in each other's arms.

I promise that the chapters get longer! Don't worry! Stay with me and enjoy the book!

~Orchestral Beats