Chapter 21: 15 Years Later

EDITED

Harry's P.O.V

We were standing in front of the muggle platform nine. Teddy was standing by his cart, electric blue hair swept back off his face. Scorpius stood beside me, his pet ferret in the cage by his side. He was going into his first year at Hogwarts and I could tell he was nervous. 

"Dad, what if I get sorted into Slytherin?" He asked, green silver eyes looking up at me. I smiled and squeezed Draco's hand. He was standing beside me holding our youngest daughter's hand, Lily Narcissa Potter. She was ten and was incredibly jealous of the two boys. 

"We will be happy with whatever house you are sorted into. But if you are sorted into Slytherin, I was a Slytherin and I personally found that it doesn't live up to it's mean reputation. There are some really nice kids there." Draco said, letting go of my hand and ruffling Scorpius' hair. It was platinum blond just like Draco's but he had my eyes with specks of silver. 

Scorpius nodded and took a deep breath. "Let's go then." He said. I smiled at Draco and we walked through the wall to platform 9 3/4. Students were hugging their parents goodbye and pulling trunks up onto the train. Teddy gave us each a hug and Lily a kiss on the forehead. 

"One more year Lils. Then you can go to school with Hugo. He'll be in your year." She nodded dejectedly and he laughed. Waving goodbye he stepped onto the train. His Hufflepuff scarf dangling from his neck. "Alright Scorp. This is where you board the train and meet your best friend." I teased and he laughed. 

"Love you dad, love you papa." He said, hugging us before grabbing his trunk and ferret. Draco sighed as we watched him board the train. 

"He'll do fine Draco. Plus, you're still stuck with me and Lily, isn't he, Lils?" I said, giving him a peck on the cheek. Lily nodded and hugged Draco around his middle. He smiled and patted her hair. "Let's go home." I said as the train pulled out of the station, giving Scorpius one last wave.

Scorpius' P.O.V

I stepped nervously onto the train, pulling my trunk behind me. I walked the length of it before finally reaching a compartment that wasn't already full. I slid the door open and looked inside. "Hey is this compartment-"

"Free. It's free." The boy said with a smile. I smiled back and heaved my trunk up onto the rack. The boy watched me as I sat down. He had dark brown hair and emerald green eyes that shone with intelligence. "I'm Albus. Albus Severus Wood."

"Hi Scorpius I'm Albus- I mean- you're Albus, I'm Scorpius!" I bumbled, blushing furiously. Damnit! Messed it up already! I'm supposed to meet my best friend on the train and I just destroyed my chances! I bowed my head and ran a hand through my hair.

I looked up to see Albus biting his lip, trying not to laugh. I tried to keep a straight face but found that I couldn't. I grin spread on my face until Albus couldn't hold it anymore and burst out laughing. His laugh was contagious and soon we were having a full on laugh attack. When we finally composed ourselves I smirked and said; "Okay, let's try that again." Albus nodded in mock seriousness and I snorted.

"I'm Albus. Albus Severus Wood."

"Hi Albus I'm Scorpius. Scorpius Hyperion Potter."

Albus laughed. "That is such a hardcore name. It's so cool!" I blushed a bit. That's a first. "You said your last name is Wood? Like Oliver Wood? The quidditch captain for Gryffindor?" I asked and he nodded. 

"My mum actually dated your dad for a bit, Harry. But then she realized that it wasn't meant to be blah blah blah. Honestly I think that she just is upset that he turned out to be gay. She really doesn't like people that are gay." He said. Dad always said that she was really nice, but this would explain why we never saw her at dinners with the Weasleys. 

"So what house do you think you'll be sorted into? I think I'll probably be Gryffindor. Both of my parents were. I also don't think they'd be happy if I was anything else." Albus said, muttering the last part. I snapped out of my thoughts and focused on him. It didn't sound like he had a very good home life. 

"I don't know. I'll probably be Ravenclaw or something." I admitted. It was true. I was no Gryffindor that's for sure. And no Slytherin either. Albus nodded. We talked the rest of the train ride and all the way to the great hall. But once we got there everyone fell silent. Air thick with tension.

"Granger-Weasley, Rose!" McGonagoll called and my close family friend (A/N Emphasis on friend...) stood up and sat on the stool where the hat was placed on her head. 

"GRYFFINDOR" 

Can't say I'm surprised. Her whole family is Gryffindor. I looked over to Albus who was sweating and had gone pale. I put a hand on his shoulder and looked him in the eyes. "Just know that no matter what house you're in I will accept you and my house is always open to you okay?" He nodded weakly and tried to give me a smile, failing terribly. I smiled and watched as one by one the rest of our year were called up and sorted.

"Wood, Albus!" I watched as he slowly made his way up and sat on the stool, pale and trembling. He looked at me and I gave hime a thumbs up. He smiled weakly and took a deep breath. 

"SLYTHERIN"

Albus' face went slack. Fear filled his eyes as he numbly stepped off the stool and walked to the Slytherin table. I wondered what his family did to him to make him this afraid of upsetting them.

"Potter, Scorpius!"

I strode over to the stool and sat down, listening as the hat muttered to itself about where to put me. 'Not Hufflepuff, no that wouldn't do... No not Gryffindor I don't think... hmmm...hmmm, interesting. You think Ravenclaw but I wouldn't be so sure... well then it better be-'

"SLYTHERIN"

I was a Slytherin. The second last house I thought I'd be in. I walked over to where Albus was sitting and wrapped him in a hug. He went stiff for a second before relaxing and leaning into the hug. From that moment on we were inseparable. 

Hey my dudes! What d'ya think? I had no idea who to have Albus' parents as sooo... Also I hated Ginny so don't be mad at me! Read, vote, follow and comment! I want to know what I can do to get better!

~Orchestral Beats