Author's Note to Readers

I usually do one of these at the end of the last chapter, but since 57 was so long already, and this book was a little different to those I've done before, I thought I'd make it a different part :)

So, first of all, if you're reading this, you've probably finished the book, so I want to say thank you so much, and I really hope you enjoyed it! I appreciate all the support this book has gained; I've never had one do this well and I'm so grateful for the level of engagement and help that I've received along the way.

This story was finished at roundabout its second birthday. I started chapter one in January 2015, starting the first total rewrite I have ever done, and 185,000 words later, I've done it, and I've proved to myself that I can. I nearly dropped the project four times - nearly dropped writing for a while on a couple of occasions - and shelved tens of others to dedicate myself to this one. It spanned two of the most miserable years I've ever had, saw me through some huge life decisions and a bereavement, and as such, it means so much more to me than anything else I've ever written, as a coping mechanism at least for all those things. And I'm incredibly grateful to all those who came back every time, despite the huge time gaps between chapters; I really hope I made it worth the wait.

If it's okay for me to ask one more thing, please let me know your honest opinion on the story! I'm really interested to hear your thoughts. It would be incredibly helpful to me for the benefit of future books. I don't know if I'll return to this one anytime soon - certainly not on Wattpad - but I've been hoarding ideas for months and I'm looking forward to sharing those, too!

So I really can't thank you enough for reading :) If you'd like to, please do comment your thoughts! Please, if you have constructive criticism, too, let me know. It would be incredibly useful to hear it.

Thanks again!

Elinor

Also I drew Damien a while ago if you're curious:

He's in the bath, of course XD

Edit from (two years in) the future:

Hey there! I already did the thanking for the reading in that great lump of an essay up there ^^ but it feels inappropriate not to thank you again considering the book is about to hit 85,000 reads; that is much further than I expected any of my books to get and I'm both amazed and gratified that people are still finding and enjoying the story! So genuinely, thank you.

This book has a lot of issues and I'm incredibly grateful to have readers to give me feedback and help me out in that respect. I have been considering doing another edit for the first time since I finished (for the reasons I laid out above, it's been a long time before even being able to countenance the idea!) but as yet do not know the extent or a timeframe. In the meantime, I'm currently posting a new story, a dark fantasy series starting with Nightfire. Like this story was, Nightfire has been my brainchild for such a long (loooong....) time, so if you like demons, magic (and knife) wielding demon hunters, assassins who can't keep their noses out of everyone else's business and ex-cannibals with names too long to pronounce, maybe you'd enjoy it!

This was just meant to be a short note, haha. But just reiterating how incredibly grateful I am for the love on this story, it means the world <3