Gentle

Wilson led the girl through his forests, or at least, through the forests he knew. His initial relief at finding her had faded, lost under the dismay that night brought. The scientist watched the sunset fearfully, gripping his companion's hand tighter.

   "We have to hurry back to camp." He announced. "The Hounds and all manner of unpleasant native fauna will be out soon."

    The young woman ducked, dodging a stray branch. "You've been here for a while now, haven't you? How long?"

    "I... am not entirely sure. Time flows curiously here, but if we're going by days..." Wilson tugged her onward. "Perhaps a year? You... are the first human being I've seen."

   "That's awful... you musta gone half crazy."

   The scientist chuckled darkly. "You have no idea."

    Up ahead, a swath of light set Wilson's camp apart from it's surroundings. He felt the hand in his palm relax, as his female companion looked infinitely relieved.

    "Thank god!" She breathed, "Please tell me that this is your's, I don't know if I can walk any further."

    Wilson gave her a smile. "Well you can rest easy, miss, because here we are."

   The following was a simple course of actions. He gave her some food (which she wolfed down ravenously) and brushed off her cloak, before rolling her a thick pallet out in his tent.

   "So," the girl spoke through a mouthful of rabbit soup. "Am I gonna sleep out here?"

   "God no!" Wilson seemed horrified by the very idea. "This whole debacle probably has you panic-stricken! The least I can do is give you a warm bed to rest on, while I keep watch."

   For the first time, he got a good look of her, now that she wasn't wrapped in that thick cloak. Her body was (shape) but sturdy, with (size) shoulders and hips, clad in a simple T shirt and jeans. She had a (shape) jawline, with hair that was (length) and (type of hair). It framed her face in (color), but the campfire a soft copper glow.

   "I just realized that I never asked you your name..." Wilson murmured. "I apologize."

   She shrugged, apparently lost in the food. "I wasn't gonna give it to you anyways. If you're some sort of demon, it's best that you don't know my name. Old myth."

   The scientist cocked his head. "F-fair point..." his voice sounded so dejectedly disappointed, that the girl sighed and gave it to him dispite her suspicions.

   "My name is (y/n). (Y/n) (l/n)."

   Wilson's eyes brightened, as he sat fown besidd her and offered her his hand. "It's beautiful, you know. Suits you perfectly."

   For the first time, the girl actually looked happy. She gave him a genuine smile and shook his hand. "Same to you, Mr. Higgsbury. Thank you. For everything."

                           ~*~

   (Y/n) pulled the soft covers of Wilson's pallet over her shoulder, pressing her eyes shut and sinking into the soft fluff of it.

  Wilson, hmm? the young woman turned her thoughts over, fighting sleep. She was afraid to put herself in such a vulnerable position around a stranger. Well at least it he doesn't seem too bad...

   (Y/n) snuggled deeper into the blankets, sighing as she fought of the chill and the threat of sleep. As long as I'm here, I have to trust him. If he's the only one... he may be my only shot at getting home.