Family

Pidge missed her family. A lot.

Her brother and dad, Matt Holt and Sam Holt were still missing. And Pidge still had very little leads on them.

After awhile, she began to feel that she lost her mom, too, since she had to leave her on Earth when she decided to join Voltron.

Then, when Shiro left the group... She finally broke inside. Shiro was like a second father to Pidge. He comforted her when she needed it, told her everything was going to be okay when it was only about to go downhill.

And then he just left them? Without a word?

At that moment she didn't know whether she was more angry or heartbroken.

They had just finished their big battle with Voltron, too. It seemed everything was going to be at a high, happily almost ever after at that moment.

Pidge closed her laptop and slipped it under her bed. Pulled out her journal, which was originally only supposed to be a book for notes, and began to read the first couple pages. She had gotten the journal right before her dad and Matt disappeared.

She flipped to the first diary entry.

Matt decided to spray the hose at me today while we were doing yard work. I was rambling on about space when he decided to fling the water at me. I then ran up to him and twisted the hose to spray in his face. We ended up having a full on water war, and when mom and dad came out to check on us, Matt and I sprayed them in the faces.

Pidge remembered that day... It almost brought her to tears since that was something they seemed to do almost every day.

Pidge continued to read through a couple pages when she found one that looked like something had spilled on it. It was crumpled and it was a little yellowed from the liquid.

That's when she read the date of the entry.

It was the day that she found out about the "crashed ship" that held her family.

She read the tear stained ink.

I was walking downstairs when I saw it. Mom was watching the news... and the ship of Dad and Matt.... it crashed. I don't believe it, I can't... I won't believe it... Why did this happen to me?

The rest of the entry was mostly unreadable, and what she could make out was mostly heartbroken rambles.

She threw the journal across the floor, sniffing and staring at it. The picture of her and her brother had fallen out on the way to the floor and was laying face up, seemingly mocking the paladin.

She got up from her bed, tripping over her feet with tears that she didn't realize were falling out of her eyes sliding down her face. She fell to the floor and used her arms to minimize the impact.

Biting her lip, she trembled and tried to get up from the floor.

But she didn't.

Pidge had started to bawl, refusing to get up from her spot on the floor. She didn't care if she had to stay strong. She needed to cry, needed to taste the salty tears falling down her face. She needed to let out her feelings...

She sat up and leaned against her bed, bringing her knees up to her chest. She took off her glasses to wipe her eye, throwing the eyewear across the room.

She stayed in that position, lip trembling and tears streaming.

~~~

Lance finished some late night training, ready to pass out. Yawning and rubbing his eyes, he walked to his room.