Chapter Fifteen

"Woah, woah, woah," Toby started, staring at the Christmas tree in shock. "That's not fitting in my car."

"It's not going in your car silly." I said and rolled my eyes. "It's going on top!"

"That's not any better!" He exclaimed and I huffed as I crossed my arm, the cold and bitter early December wind biting at my exposed skin. "Guys, come on. Don't they offer trucks to bring these home for you?"

"Nope." Shawn replied and the tree was placed on his car as some people helped secure it on top. "It's already done."

"My car. It's going to get scratched! Pine needles are sharp I'll have you know." He gasped and I laughed quietly.

"It's not pine." I told him and he furrowed his eyebrows together. "It's a Spruce, not a Pine."

"Oh..." He trailed off and Shawn chuckled, crossing his arms over his chest. "Are you sure it won't fall off?" He asked as the guys strapping it down left.

"You're all good boss." One told him and Toby nodded as he looked between the tree and us.

"It's the holidays. I'll pay you whatever I have in cash currently if you could drive us back right now. It's freezing." Shawn offered and Toby declined the offer, saying it was his job to drive us regardless.

We got inside of the car and I let out a breath of relief as I realized the heater was on. Shawn copied my actions and smiled and we shut our doors. "This needs to go in through the sliding door from the living room. You're going to have to help me Toby."

"As you wish." He responded and Shawn opened his wallet, holding a finger to his lips when he slipped a few large bills into Toby's hood without him noticing.

"Can you turn the radio on?" I asked and he did, Christmas music playing. "All I want for christmas, is you." I sang and Shawn sang with me.

Toby looked at us through the rearview mirror and laughed, shaking his head at us as we attempted to hit Mariah Carey high notes. The key word being attempted.

-

It was a struggle to watch the two guys bring the tree in, they kept slipping or falling on the icy floors. I just sat inside on the couch, laughing quietly and drinking a cup of hot cocoa.

"You can do it." I cheered wheen they managed to get it reletively inside the housr, snow covering the leaves and tracking inside. "Need help?"

"Where was that help fifteen minutes ago when we dropped it in the snow?" Toby asked me sarcastically and I just laughed as they stood it up right inside of the tree stand.

I crossed my legs and they stood the tree upright. "Is it tilted?" Shawn asked and I shook my head. "I can't see you shaking your head Jennifer."

"How did you know I was doing that?"

"I just do."

"It's fine." I replied and they let the tree go. They closed the sliding door that lead to the backyard and then stood by me. "Want some hot chocolate?"

"I've gotta get home to the Mrs." Toby spoke and smiled. "You guys have a wonderful Christmas. By all means, if you'd like to come over, please do!"

"We will during Christmas Eve. Christmas day we're gonna be busy." Shawn said and Toby nodded. "You sure you can't stay?"

"Positive. I'll see you both soon, Ms. Reed, Shawn." He tipped his cap and then headed to the door.

"Merry Christmas Toby, thank you for the help with our tree." I called out and he told me not to mention it before shutting the door.