Chapter Seventeen

When I woke up, I was alone in Shawn's bed. His blankets were wrapped around my body and his sweatshirt was bunched up weirdly by my stomach. It was extremely uncomfortable.

I groaned quietly, rubbing my eyes as I forced myself to sit up. I looked around the dark bedroom, the only light coming from the opened curtains and alarm clock that sat on top of the dresser.

The clock read four in the morning, and I couldn't help but wonder why I was up so early. I didn't sleep until nearly midnight, only because Shawn and I had been watching movies all day while eating all of the cookies we baked. Pretty sure only one batch survived, and we baked four.

However, instead of being upset for my lace of quality sleep, I got excited. Whenever I woke up at this time, Shawn was playing piano downstairs and I got to sit and listen to him the entire time. I absolutely loved it, so I jumped out of bed and then fixed my clothes.

I ran downstairs quickly like a kid on Christmas morning and I heard Shawn laugh a bit. He must have heard me running down the stairs since I wasn't exactly the quietest or lightest girl ever.

"Well goodmorning sunshine." He greeted and then turned around, looking at me with a small smile. "Sleep well?"

"Mornin'." I smiled and he chuckled as I sat down beside him. "I slept decently. I came down to listen to you play since it's always so beautiful. what are you playing now?"

"I'm learning a little something by Yiruma again, and Jon McLaughlin." He replied, his fingers ghosting over the glistening ivory keys. "Would you like to hear them?" He asked me and I nodded my head quickly.

"Which piece is it by Yiruma?"

"It's called Kiss the Rain, and it's absolutely beautiful." He told me and I sat quietly as he began to play the instrument, which was illuminated by the surrounding golden Christmas lights.

"Where's your phone?" I asked and he told me it was in his pocket. "Can I grab it?"

"I mean, if you want to." He laughed and stuck his leg out for me.

I reached for the device and then turned it on, seeing that his lockscreen was the picture of us. It brought a smile to myself because we looked cute together, at least I thought so.

I opened his camera app and then took a video of him after scooted away slightly. He laughed and looked at me quickly before staring back at his instrument to make sure he kept hitting the right notes.

The bright Christmas trees behind him and the lit fireplace made the video all the more beautiful. The sound of rain hitting the windows, fire cackling in the background, and the keys of his piano was stunning. They all blended into something so pure and serene, and I wished it would never end.

Soon the key of the song changed and he hummed as he closed his eyes, changing the song. "You're in my arms, and all the world is calm, the music playing on for only two, so close together, and when I'm with you, so close to feeling alive..."

I smiled softly, never really realizing how wonderful he sounded while singing. It was breathtaking and I wished I could just listen to him sing for the rest of my life. In fact, there are a lot of things he did or took part in that it wished would never end.

"Isn't this from Disney?" I asked and he nodded his head as I put his phone down, sitting beside him once again.

"As life goes by, romantic dreams must die, so I bid mine goodbye and never knew, so close was waiting, waiting here was you, and now forever I know... All that I want is to hold you so close..." He continued, looking at me with a small smile.