Pure Pity

The police did not do shit. All they did was roll their eyes at me, muttering things about me under their breaths. It was about to smack them.
I left soon after so.
I walked into the house where everybody lived, Pap, Tori, Frisk, Undyne, and Alphys. Asgore got kicked out. Not surprising, eh.

They were all surrounding the TV. The news reporter stood outside referring to Grillby's as a "Illegal alcohol joint." at this I rolled my eyes and scoffed. As soon as I put my keys in the tray, Frisk ran up to me and wrapped their arms around my waist. As they began to cry. I asked them why they were crying, they could only muster the word "Dead" into my shoulder. As I wrapped my arms around them and picked them up. "Well I donut know why you would worry about me, 'cus tibia honest I have some tough skin, it didn't really get to me!" I joked, trying to make light of the situation. Their little hands held on to the soft fabric of my blue jacket.
I could feel them smile, as they lightly giggled into my shoulder, meanwhile Papyrus was face-palming. But before he could lecture me about how awful my puns were, both Tori and Undyne shot him a look saying, "Do not."
I sat frisk down o the back of the couch, seconds before the question I had been dreading came out of Queen Toriel's mouth, "What happened? " I shrugged, "A gambling fight, from what i had heard, cheating." as I felt all of the pity in their little hearts explode, I felt like rolling my eyes at them. Their pity made me feel even more guilty about the situation as a whole.
I excused myself after explaining to them I was fine. But in all reality, I wasn't even close.