Chapter 2

Quote from Book of Heaven:

A man, no matter how rich he is, if he did not possess the wisdom to keep it, his money is worth nothing. -Goddess of Wisdom.

~~~~~~~

     Akshara drove home slowly and steadily, she had been living in Wellington, a hill region, the main source of income for this little town nestled in between the hills was tourism. The company she was going to work for had many resorts and hotels catered to all type of tourists and VIPs, both national and international. Their major attraction was the wellness resorts with natural hot water springs; Nature combined with luxury is their motto. There was a year around reservation for their hotels; they also had chain of hotels, in addition to that they had been buying old and financially failing hotels to be renovated and sold it for huge profit, she gathered this information from Mrs.Kapoor, after that conversation she was very excited to work with them.

    She slowed down once entered the side road, in which her house she was sharing with her best friend was located, it had three floors, and the hall enters into open floor plan kitchen, which had the best view of the Kitchen garden; Akshara had taken up the entire second floor, the walls were painted mute colors suited for her taste, and flowers were arranged in a vase systematically, this floor also contains the library, which had floor to ceiling bookshelves occupied by books of various genres; her bedrooms had the best view of the flower garden, where variety of roses had been growing, because she loved roses more than any other flowers ,so naturally three fourth of the garden occupied by it, and Maya's who had been occupying the third floor, had the view of forest behind their house in her bed room, and her very own laboratory for creating herbal medicines and creams for skin care.

     Akshara quickly got freshen up and changed her dress for faded blue jeans and white button down shirt, and headed upstairs to visit Maya, who was in her laboratory, and was working on new products for her beauty parlor 'Enchanter', which was an instant hit, after it made its debut a year ago.

    Akshara watched Maya,who was working for some time silently, Maya knew her friend very well enough to stay calm instead of asking 'How did the interview go?' which she wanted to ask in the first place.

"It must be his look, that made me gawking up at him like an idiot, when he ordered me with that arrogant tone" said Akshara said at last.

"What are you talking about?", asked Maya.

     Akshara sighed softly,"He was so magnificent, all he had to do was smile, and women all over the world will fight for him", said Akshara.

"You being one of them, I presume", Maya could tell her friend was smitten, naturally she was curious to see who it was made her 'boys are nothing but trouble' friend into this flushed looking woman.

"No", Akshara shook her head vehemently; his looks are nothing, if his words were ugly.

"What did he said?" asked Maya.

Let me quote, 'I don't want to see you again, if you ever saw me again, make sure to go other way, understand?' said Akshara.

"It didn't make any sense to me, it's the first time you saw him, but he acted like you were his lover, and both of you were having a spat", mused Maya.

      Akshara could only shrug, it's not like she never thought about it, but she couldn't come to any conclusion. Before she got to say anything, her mobile was ringing, when she saw the caller id, her face lost its color and became pale. Maya who observed this knew, the phone call was none other than her Akshara's mother.

     It started as the same way it always had, her mother domineering the entire conversation and quick to point out what see saw as Akshara's failures, and heaping praise on her son, Akshara's elder brother who passed the Civil Service Exam and his wife, who was a leading surgeon. Her mother Mathi, who had been working as an editor of leading English newspaper really knew how to make a person feel guilty, even when they didn't do any wrong, her father Mara, Commissioner of Police, Chennai was a man of few words, and he never had time for family matters, so all the control resided in Akshara's mother's hand.

      Maya wanted very much to see Akshara stand up for herself one day and had the courage to tell her mother about what she wanted always was to open a book store and become an entrepreneur. Of course, it will lead to her mother's heart acting up again, like the last time she stood up for herself and said her decision of staying here for work. Maya knew Mathi's ill health was a ploy to make Akshara do what they wanted instead of her own wish, but she kept her silence for he friend's sake, who love her family dearly.They bundled her up in two days and made her work as a bank clerk, where she was so miserable for two years.

         Akshara was suffered in silence and would have continued to do, if not for one thing, they arranged marriage without her permission. Since, Akshara didn't meet the necessary qualifications for her daughter, her mother wanted a son-in-law, who will be perfect for her family, meaning a person with money, prestige and also a workaholic. Akshara had a huge fight with them and decided to stay here.

 Akshara face was very pale, when she finished the call and said numbly," she didn't ask me even once how am I doing".

Maya cursed Mathi in her heart, and said in a gentle tone, "you knew very well about her, just let it go".

      Akshara nodded once, and said "I am going to temple, don't wait for me", she reached her bedroom in the second floor, before first sob came, she cried for sometime for all the love she had lost, which she never found in the first place. After that she got up and showered, changed her dress in saree (traditional Indian dress) and drove to temple (sacred place of prayer for Hindus), which was located 15 minutes from their house. The temple was built 1000 years ago; its main God was God Shiva, Destroyer of Evils. Once entered the temple, Akshara relaxed with each steps, the temple was filled with positive energy, after prayed the God she sat down to meditate.

In the palace of Goddess of Fate

"Some things never change, even after reincarnated she was still praying God Shiva" said Goddess of Wisdom.

        God Shiva was one of the three founders of Earth. God Vishnu, the protector of innocents, God Brahma, the Creator of people, and at last God Shiva, the Destroyer of Evil. Their wives were Goddess Lakshmi, Goddess Saraswathi, and Goddess Bharvathi respectively. Other Gods and Goddess were only minor deities compared to them.

"I had always wondered why God Shiva didn't stop Goddess of Luna, when she committed such atrocity." asked Goddess of Fate.

"Manimaran didn't deserve her true love at the time, and also nobody forced Nandhini to do anything, she did it out of her own will, otherwise nobody in this world could getaway after hurting God Shiva's devotees" said Goddess of Wisdom.

"Goddess of Luna was not going to think that way, she already thought she was all powerful because she defeated my dark and sinister plan of mating human and werewolf and the human, who was none other than devotee of God Shiva, it's true my decision to choose that pair was because Goddess of Luna would not dream of going against God Shiva's devotee, but who would have thought ManiMaran would end up betraying Nandhini, and ended up in the wrong side of God Shiva instead of Goddess of Luna" said Goddess of Fate.

"We could only show the way, take it and walking that way or not was their decision, Akshara already thought of him as magnificent, she will soon fall for him, mark my words", said Goddess of Wisdom.

"Don't worry ,I will give her some advantage this time, I will open up the memories of her past life, let's see if that innocent girl changes into a cynical person, moreover let Karthick works for her love this time, if given too soon, they will never cherish it" said Goddess of Fate.

"Let's hope Goddess of Luna never found about them until later" said Goddess of Wisdom.

A mysterious chuckle could be heard in another palace in the heaven.