Ch. 5

Esmeralda POV

"Miss Salvador, please excuse us, but we need to borrow Lukas for a little bit, so a child services worker can talk to him." As if on cue, a tall, African American man, with dark brown eyes, walked into the room.

His name tag said, "Charles Montgomery: Child Services Worker"

"Hello, my name is Charles, but you can call me Charlie, I am here to inquire Lukas a few questions about his old residency," his eyes peered over to Lukas who was still in my arms, asleep.

"Lukas, sweety? Can you wake up please?" I whispered, hoping not to startle him.

He stirred around before his eyes fluttered open.

"This is Charlie, he wants to ask you about your old orphanage," I spoke gently.

"Are you going to take me back? Please don't, I'll be better I promise!"

"No. No. No. You aren't going back there, he just wants to see if he can get Miss Lacy arrested."

Lukas POV

Soon it was just myself and Charlie, he began asking questions, like my age and how long I had been orphaned.

Then he began to ask the dreaded question, "So Lukas, were you abused in the care of Lacy Relee?"

"I..i guess."

"If you don't mind me asking, in what ways would she abuse you, and was there anyone else in the facility that harrassed you?" He asked.

"Mostly physical and emotional, I guess, Miss Lacy liked to use her walking stick to beat me. And yeah, I mean being a gay in that orphanage was pretty difficult. There was this one group that would torment me, the main leader though, Jax, he loved to make my life hell. Once he...he," my breath quickened, and I felt the room spinning. No, not now, not another panic attack.

"Lukas, breath, in and out okay?" I slowly nodded, trying to steady my breathing and calm down.

I didn't realize I had tears in my eyes until I was handed a tissue by Charlie.

"What did Jax do?" He asked, although I think he knew the answer.

"H..h..he r...ra...raped m..me," the last part coming out in hardly a whisper.

Charlie's eyes softened, and he nodded, writing something down in a notebook.

"Okay thank you for telling me, I'll make sure this is taken to court," his voice turning monotone.

"And Lukas, I'm proud of you," and with that he left the room.

Esmeralda POV

I sat outside Lukas's room, anxiously waiting for Charlie to exit.

Soon, Charlie  left the room, leaving me in desperation to see Lukas.

After waiting for what seems eternity, the doctor finally okayed me to see Lukas, his eyes were puffy and bloodshot.

I walked over to him and gave him a tight embrace, at first he tensed, but he hugged me back.

"We're leaving tomorrow, I love you, get some rest," I said, kissing his forehead.

《~}The Next Day {~》

Lukas POV

Finally! I can leave this place, and go see where I'll be leaving to! I'm so excited!

The doctor released me with a chest brace, and some salve to put on bruises and cuts.

The car drive was uneventful, despite my excitement for a new home, what if this all just a trap? I can't let my guard down again, not after last time.

We started driving deep into a forest, with blurred, simplistic houses passing us by every now and then.

We stopped in a semi-secluded area and I saw an amazing rustic looking house, with brick work, and vines creeping up from the ground on to the wall. The patches of light that shown through the thick tapestry of trees hit the house in the most majestic way.

"Wow," I gasped, not believing I would be staying here.

"I know right? It's beautiful here, definitely fits the introvert in the woods vibe. I'll show you around once we put your stuff away," she said, as if looking at the house for the first time, it was breathtaking. A/N I just realized I spent like 80 words describing a house 😂

I pulled my luggage up to the door, Esmeth unlocked it and slowly she opened the heavy, dark oak door to reveal a woodland palace within.

Hey! Procrastination is the game, and I  don't know how to stop playing! But seriously, sorry for the wait! 🌠Ellie🌠