Battlefield

The next morning, dressed in black ripped skinny jeans, black Chuck Taylor's, and a black Three Days Grace t shirt with a leather jacket pulled over it, I stepped onto the battlefield with my heart in my throat. I could honestly say that I was more scared in that moment than I'd ever been in my entire life.
My brother stayed behind with Mariah to keep her safe, so it was just me on my own. The others were paired up. Well, everyone but Tanya from the Denali clan and I. I held Tanya's hand, for we had gotten close in the short amount of time I'd known her.
"Could you tell me where I can get such a hot jacket?" I asked, turning to face her. She gave a smile and slipped out of her jacket, holding it out for me to take. With wide eyes, I slipped off my own jacket and gave it to her while pulling on hers. The exchange was completed when she pulled my leather aviator jacket on over her shirt.
A mass of footsteps was heard by my over sensitive ears, alerting me of the approaching army. Clutching Tanya's hand tighter in my own, I watched the most powerful vampire clan advance.
They didn't move fast enough for me. I knew they were playing mind games, and I didn't like it.
"The red coats are coming, the red coats are coming," Garrett mumbled, earning a quiet chuckle from me. Then the Volturi stopped. Carlisle stepped forward, and I bit my lip to keep from crying out my opinion. Words were exchanged, but I couldn't seem to focus on them because of my swirling thoughts.
"I wish to meet she and the newborn," the head of the Volturi called. My head snapped up, eyes wide as I looked around the field. Bella and Renesmee stepped away from our group with wolf Jake. I didn't see Edward move, but he'd somehow gotten all the way across the field for an extended period of time without it triggering my attention.
"Ever?" Renesmee questioned, looking back for me. I released my tight grip on Tanya's hand and shot forward to meet the trio. Halfway there, Bella turned back for Emmett. He joined us to meet Aro.
"Bella, immortality becomes you," he said with a creepy grin. I growled lowly, glaring at him. His eyes snapped to me, peaked with curiosity.
"May I?" he asked, gesturing to my hand. I sent a questioning glance Edward's way, mentally asking if I should. One touch and my secret would be revealed. He gave a discrete nod.
I hesitantly placed my hand in Aro's. He rummaged through my head, then suddenly released my hand with a sharp intake of breath, pressing a palm to his forehead. Well, there goes my secret. I collapsed with a last breath.