Reawakening

When I opened my eyes again, a sharp breath entered my lungs. I realized I was still on the battlefield, and all eyes were on me.
"Sorry," I mumbled, backing away from the attention. Heat rose to my cheeks, alerting me of a blush, and I tripped. I fell on my bottom, huffing and pulling myself to my feet again.
"Crap," I muttered, feeling all the eyes on me. Bella cleared her throat, bringing the attention back to Renesmee. Aro knelt down before the child, and Renesmee gave a greeting before placing her hand on his cheek. He drank in the information he was receiving with wide eyes before muttering "magnifico". I gritted my pearly white teeth and pulled Renesmee protectively behind me. She took my hand in hers, lacing our fingers together. I placed my palm on her cheek, calming her while I walked back to our alliances. I stopped when I heard Caius order for the informant to be brought forward. Renesmee was with her parents, so I turned to look at the scene unfolding before my eyes.
"Is this the child you saw?" asked Caius, pointing directly at Renesmee.
"I'm not sure," Irina replied.
"Jane," Aro said. Irina panicked, interrupting them.
"This child is bigger. I take full responsibility for my mistake," she said before turning to us. "I'm sorry," she whispered. My eyes widened as Irina was ripped apart. I was frozen, a horrified drop to my jaw. Tanya and Kate launched forward, but were stopped by some of our witnesses. Zafrina blinded them both. As Edward spoke to them, I glared hatefully at the Volturi.
They killed an innocent woman. She may have made a false report, but it wasn't her fault. She automatically assumed the worse and went to the Volturi to report it as a crime. They act as though she pulled their legs.
"Everett, your thoughts are loud. Can you please quiet down," Edward whispered to me as Aro spoke to his people. I glared harshly at him, which silenced him. Bella glared at me, so I turned my fiery gaze to her. No one knew what I was capable of when angry, so they knew not to test me. Bella apparently decided that she didn't care. She thought she could take me on.
I shook my head with a smirk, looking back over at the Volturi. Just then, I sensed the tenors of someone's mind. They had a high intelligence of what is to come.
"Alice," I whispered at the same time as Edward. Aro gasped.
"Alice," he breathed, a delighted, infatuated smile on his face. I stared at him with my lip curled in disgust. I took that moment to scan the faces of Aro's high guard. Then I spotted him. He was surrounded by a light outline, making him stand out from the rest. I had no idea how I'd managed not to notice him, but he was gorgeous. I knew right away that he was my mate, the one person I'd always want to be with.
"Everett," gasped Edward, betrayal dripping in his voice. I glared at him before turning my softening eyes to the vampire I was so infatuated with. He was perfect. Brown hair that was cropped short, but still managed to highlight his rounded baby face. His red eyes were framed by a thick layer of eyelashes, and his full lips were twisted in a scowl. His eyes met mine, and his jaw immediately dropped. I stiffened, feeling his eyes trace my body. Suddenly, I could hear a voice echoing in my mind.
I've finally found her, it breathed. The voice sounded like silk, smooth and deep. There was a regal tone to it, which was to be expected of Aro's guard.
You've found me. I'm Everett, I whispered to his thoughts. He stared at me in shock, his eyebrows furrowing.
How are you speaking to me? he asked. I smiled slightly, averting my eyes.
It's part of my gift. Find a way to meet me once this is over, I replied.
Of course. My name is Alec, he replied. He gave a discreet smile, and I decided to take my chance and dig through his mind.
I hadn't looked in a mirror since I was changed, so I took advantage of my gift to see what I looked like. My long dark hair was curled perfectly, my skin was a flawless porcelain without a blemish in sight, my lips were full, my eyes were bright red with long dark lashes framing them... I was perfect.
"Everett!" called my brother's voice. I looked to the edge of the clearing, discovering him there. I dashed to his side, taking my baby sister into my arms.
"Joseph, what's wrong?" I asked him, cradling the unconscious baby in my arms. His eyes were frantic as they darted around the field.
"She won't wake up. I've been trying to get her to wake, but she won't budge. What do I do?" he asked, dry sobbing. I looked down to the child in my arms, my eyes widening. I couldn't hear a heartbeat.
"Carlisle," I called, my eyes glued to the still baby. He was by my side in an instant.
"Use your gift," he said. I looked up at him, tears threatening to fall.
"Carlisle, I don't know what it'll do," I whispered. He shook his head with a kind smile.
"You will if you imagine just what you want to happen," he replied. I nodded and closed my eyes, focusing on the still heart within my sister's chest. I pictured it beating in its uneven way, I pictured life flushing her cheeks once more, I pictured her chest rising and falling with every breath. Just like that, it happened. She was crying loudly, clinging to me. I gave a relieved laugh, holding my baby sister to me. Tears rolled down my smiling cheeks, dripping from my chin.
"Thank goodness," I whispered. The Volturi left after declaring that there would be no war. Aro turned back, casting a look at Alice, Bella, and I. I nodded in acknowledgment, kissing the top of Mariah's head.
"That blonde girl was really pretty," mumbled Joseph, looking longingly in the direction that the Volturi left. I smiled softly at him, brushing his dark hair from his forehead to plant a kiss there. He wiped it away with a disgusted curl to his lips, sending both of us spiraling into a fit of laughter.
"Mo... mma," mumbled a baby voice. I looked down at Mariah with an awe filled expression. She was staring up at me with a pout on her lips.
"S-Say that again?" I stuttered.
"Momma," she said more confidently. I laughed, a breathy sound that escaped my lips.
"You just called me momma," I breathed. She nodded, putting her finger in her mouth. I laughed gleefully, holding her more securely. She cooed with a quiet laugh, clinging to my shirt.
"Joseph, did you hear that?" I asked enthusiastically. He nodded vigorously, a grin on his thin lips. I kissed Mariah's forehead.
"That's right, Ri. I'll be your mommy," I whispered to her.