Chapter Two: Don't blink

"Wait." Haruto said. He placed his arm out in a stopping motion. Midori and Kosuke stopped. Horuto pointed below them at an opening. A group of mist shinobi were huddled below. He pulled out his katana "Benikaze" The red blade hummed as he channeled his wind chakra into it. He jumped down directly over their heads. Quickly the ninjas scattered. Kosuke smirked. "They have no idea what they're getting into. Leave this to Haruto. I wanna see the results of his training." Midori nodded. "Who is this brat?" 

                           One of the ninja spat. His kunai was ready "Is that important? I guess I'll be considerate. My name is Haruto Uzumaki of the Hidden Leaf Village." Haruto pointed to his forehead protector. One Ninja laughed. "My names is Rei. My companions are Senko and Tsun-sun and we are of the hidden mist." Haruto starred. "What was so funny?" Haruto asked. The ninja laughed again. "Aren't you that ignorant fool? The one who is going to beat all of us." he said mockingly. "What makes you think you can beat us?" Haruto grinned but their was a dangerous look in his eye. "Because I want your scroll."

                                In a quick moment Haruto was directly next to Rei. Rei's eyes were open wide. His comrades gasped. And took a step back. Tsun-sun threw a shuriken in Haruto's direction only to be deflected by Benikaze. Rei used that as his moment to escape. A diversion Haruto thought as he prepared himself. "Ninja Art: Hidden Mist Jutsu" called out Senko. A thick wall of mist quickly engulfed them. Haruto laughed. He lifted his sword. Its red glow was very visible even in the fog. "Wind scythe jutsu!" Haruto said as he swung Benikaze. Blades of wind rushed past the three Mist shinobi. By the time the wind died down all the mist had dispersed. Tsun-sun ran towards Haruto with his kunai in hand. Haruto raised Benikaze just before he reached him. The kunai and sword sparked apart. Tsun-sun went to attack again but this time when his kunai met the blade it snapped. Tsun-sun jumped back to his comrades. 

                          "He's tougher than we assumed. We may have to use a less direct attack." They nodded. At that moment Tsun-sun and Rei ran to two points opposite of Senko. They formed a triangle around Haruto. "Ninja Art: Water Chain Jutsu" They called in unison. Suddenly four large chains shot up from the water. They collided in the center where Haruto had been standing. When the mist cleared the chains were wrapped around Haruto's body. "What do you think you can do now brat?!" Haruto smirked. "Midori..that's enough." It was like a switch went off in their head. The water chain was wrapped around nothing but air. Haruto and two of his clones had Benikaze at each of the Mist shinobi throat. "I suggest if you don't want a new breathing hole you back down immediately...as of now." Said Kosuke as he and Midori descended upon them. The ninja grinded their teeth but lowered their guard. Haruto glanced at Kosuke for a second. "Why did you interfere? I had them where I wanted them." 

                 Kosuke gives him a deadpanned expression. "You was taking too long. They were small fry anyway so it doesn't matter. Guess I have to wait till the exam gets serious." Rei growled at Kosuke. "Small fr-Who the hell do you think?!-" Kosuke gave him a piercing stare. There was a change in air pressure as the forest got hotter. "Did I say you could talk? Hand over your scroll so we can get out of here." Midori and Haruto exchanged glances as they jump behind Kosuke. It didn't help that he was pissed and impatient. 

         "Finish this Haruto." Haruto sighed for like the tenth time. "Who do you think is the boss here?" Wind chakra was being channel to his feet and sword. Haruto turned his attention to the ninja in front him. "Don't blink." They blinked. "Wha-what?" A rush of wind was heard. Haruto, boosted by his wind chakra was too fast for the mist ninja to see. " Uzumaki Combo: Straight Line" Three different Haruto have already cut the ninjas to ribbons before they even knew what had hit them. Wide eyed and surprised, they fell to the ground bleeding profoundly. Kosuke and Midori stared at Haruto's handy work then looked back at him. "I said knock them out not mull their bodies..Jeez you're really a sadist Haruto? Aren't you?" Midori nodded in agreement. Haruto's nose flared. "You said finish it! Not knock them out! And that's what I did! Stop twisting words Kosuke! You're making me look bad." Kosuke looked up shock. "You were looking good before?" Haruto hit him with the bud of his sword. "Shut up!" Midori finished taking the scroll while Kosuke and Haruto yapped away. "I got the Heaven scroll..looks like we lucked out because it's just the one we need." Haruto gave them the side eye. "I did all the work." Kosuke Snorted. "Let's go already...before someone else want to fight us."