Chapter 5: The Weak

Chapter 5: The Weak

"You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong."

-William J. H. Boetcker

Tsunade walked briskly to the council meeting with little to no information about what happened between the two she called her children. She just hoped that she was fretting for nothing and that she had nothing to worry about. Then again that was naive thinking and she wasn't naive. Tsunade wished she had time to make sure Sakura was alright mentally just as she was physical.

It wasn't every day that you get a scar like that on your face by your own teammate. Tsunade looks back to see her assistant and longtime friend Shizune following close behind her. She wanted to send her back to Sakura just to check up on her and keep her...sane.

Was that really the right word to use to describe how Sakura is mental wise. The first time she woke up in the hospital she had an emotional breakdown and the time she came to her and practically begged for something to do.

"Tsunade-sama what are you going to tell them?" Shizune's voice cuts through her thoughts and the heavy and tense silence.

"I'll hear them out first see what they want and just hope for the best." Shizune nods agreeing with her wholeheartedly.

Tsunade felt that too much was happening too soon. From Danzo being killed by Sasuke Uchiha to her student killing the Uchiha, Sakura's breakdown, Naruto's anger and hatred, team 7 falling apart, Sasuke's body going missing. Now it was the fight between Naruto and Sakura both she cared about deeply.

Before going inside Tsunade turns to Shizune with a task in mind. "Shizune I need you to watch over Sakura while I'm in here just make sure she's stable." Shizune bows and goes off to the hospital to do just that.

Tsunade sighs and pushes the double doors open and to no surprise, she was the last one to arrive. Tsunade takes her place in the Hokage seat and mentally prepare herself for whatever was going to be thrown at her.

Xx

Shizune walked through the corridors of the hospital making her way to Sakura's room. She makes a quick stop at Naruto's room it was Kakashi's turn to keep Naruto company. Since Sakura just woke up no one knew if she was still unconscious or not. She thought that telling them both would put them at ease just a bit.

Shizune knocks on the door then slides it open. Shizune greets them with a smile. "I come bearing good news, Sakura is awake." Naruto's head snap to her his eyes stricken with worry, fear, and anger all swirled together. Kakashi wasn't looking at her but was gauging Naruto's reaction.

"I'll be by later." Shizune's smile drops completely being replaced with a tiny frown. She didn't know what she hoped for by telling them two maybe a bit of relief or sympathy. Instead, all she got was blank stares. Shizune leaves without saying a word to either of them.

Shizune slides open the door to Sakura's room and found it a mess and empty. Shizune runs to the open window to see if there was any sign of Sakura.

Without finding anything, she turns back to the messy room. A couple of thoughts ran through her head about what happened but in the end, only two made her worry.

Sakura was either kidnapped or she ran away. Both thoughts scared her tremendously. Shizune was about to run out of the room to get to the council meeting and inform Tsunade on what happened. But something shiny caught her eye and it made her feel sadness for Sakura.

It was the mirror shattered in thousands of pieces.

X

"What's this meeting about now?" Tsunade asked but she already knew the answer to it.