Finale

I let out an audible grunt with my first push. My insides felt they were being ripped out. Even a C-section sounds pleasant at this point.

"Aaaargh!" I let out a scream as I push more and more. This baby needs to get out, now!

At this point, I'm surprised I haven't broken Sam's or my mother's hands.

"The heads almost out." The doctor said with a big grin on his face. Even as an experienced doctor, it's nice to see him be happy about childbirth.

My volume increases with every second.

With a few more minutes of pushing, grunting, and screaming, my baby girl was in the doctor's arms. Her shrieks reverberate around the room.

"Would you like to cut the umbilical cord?" The doctor says focusing his attention on Sam. He replies with a swift shake of his head.

As she placed in my arms, I only now realize that I'm crying. I leaned down to kiss her head. Her wet hair meets my lips, causing me to cry harder.

This child has been inside of me for nine months and is now in my arms. I take back every time I wanted to back out. Giving birth is the scariest, yet beautiful moment I've ever experienced.

"What will her name be?" My mother asks. Sam and I had only briefly discussed it. We would've more, but we could never agree on a name. He wanted Adriel, meaning flock of God in Hebrew, and also from the bible. But I wanted simple plain Marie. Then an idea sparked in my head. I turned my head around to look at Sam, focusing my eyes on looking into his.

"What about Adriel Marie?" I said. We could combine both of the names we wanted.

"Adriel Marie Anderson. Sounds like a beautiful name." Sam said, flashing me a grin. He was genuinely excited to have a baby.

One of the nurses then gives us a purple and yellow hat to keep her head warm.

"You know when I married you I swore to never love another girl again. But when our daughter was born just then, all of that changed." He said leaning down to kiss Adriel.

"You're adorable. I'm just happy she got my eyes." I said smiling down at my beautiful baby girl.

"Well, she definitely got her daddy's head of hair," Sam said, smiling brightly.

"I love you so much, Sam," I said looking up at him.

"I love you too. I'm so happy we are starting a family together." Sam said, leaning down to kiss me.

"Me too," I said.