Part 18

And a new one ♥ Enjoy!!! Loads of love!! I wanted to update sooner, but Word was fucking around ... sooorrrryyyyyy

18.

When Miley wakes up from her little nap on the kitchen table, she lifts up her head from the unfamiliar sound. It's most definitely not expected.

She's awake now, but can't hear another thing and shrugs it off. The whole house is dark and the dogs didn't react.

The dogs seem not to be affected as she decides to walk into the living room to check if everything is alright.

Her blood runs cold as she sees heartbreakingly that Liam is sitting on the couch, his head in his hands, not moving.

"Liam?", Miley breathes out softly. She is not sure if she's dreaming or not, but he lifts his head and looks at her, surprised that she is awake.

She runs over, stops. Unsure if he wants any contact whatsoever. Kneeling down on the ground beside him, she looks into his eyes and sees that he clearly had some alcohol. He doesn't stink though and seems to be clear enough altogether.

"I'm...", She begins to start, but hesitates as Liam takes her hand, shaking his head declining.

"Let us talk tomorrow.."

She's relieved that he wants to talk at least. Unsettling to her is that she has to wait some more and it seems like he has made up his mind, causing the anxiety in Miley to rise up.

His stomach grumbles, bringing a small smile back to her face. "Do you want to eat?"

She sees the inner fight in his eyes. "We didn't eat dinner...I can warm it up" He nods, but Miley is already on her way to the kitchen, leaving him for a few minutes before she comes back with a steaming meal of what should have been eaten by them. Together. In peace.

Thanking her, before he takes the plate. She sits back down onto the floor. Still close to him, but it feels as if she's miles away.

He clears his throat; "Miley..", he says gently, making her turn her head towards him. Her eyes read confusion as she sees the full fork which is making its way to her mouth. "Take it. You need to eat as well."

The food slips into her mouth, tears spring into her eyes by the gesture. He cares for her. And all she did was push him away. Her stomach thanks her for the food, reminding her that it was indeed necessary. She does not hesitate, as he offers her another fork, giving her a small smile as if to say that he understands what she's thinking about at the moment.

They are finished within minutes. Her eyes find his; "Do you want more?"

He chuckles. He indeed chuckles; "Guess we were hungrier than we thought." Handing her the plate again, she repeats heating up the food. Coming back, he pats onto the spot next to him as a command to sit there. She plops down exchanging the plate for the first fork with food. Miley shows him a new bundle of bandages; "We should change it."

Nodding, he sets the plate down after he finished it. Miley stopped taking bites since she's full. Stripping to his underwear, he sits back down and the feelings that she held back are flooding out of her as she sees its soaked state.

Carefully, she removes the wet fabric, before applies cream and wraps it back up, staying in height to his knees. "I need to apologize for my behavior." Before he can interrupt, she sends him a glance to wait. "All you do is care and I pushed you away, again and again. I say that I love you, which I truly do, believe me, but all I do is hurt you.."

His thumbs wipe away her tears. "I understand where you are coming from."

Taken back by his words, she looks up and sees the honesty in his face.

"Why are you so good to me?? You deserve better than me and still here you are.."

"It's called love, Miley. Let me love you and stop being afraid. We are in this together and you can't push me away since the little girl growing inside you is part of me too. My responsibility."

He clarifies his words by caressing her bump.

"Either we get this mess solved alone or we need to get some help, but this isn't just about you and I anymore. I know I hurt you in the first place, but you need to fully let me in again if we want to make it work."

His words shock her since he's speaking out the truth and is right about every word he says.

"You don't have to be afraid. I'm not leaving you again. But if distance is what's best, I can go over to the other house-"

"No, god, no!", she interrupts before he can finish what she doesn't want to hear. Leaning forward to reach his face, cupping it with both hands; "I need you Liam. Those hours alone made me realize how much I missed you already and I can't..I will not let you go. I need you here beside me. I want you here."

Letting the words sink in, he nods. "Then I'll stay here. But I will sleep on the couch tonight", stating that, reality kicks back in. Of course she has hurt him, but with accepting her words, she hasn't expected such a reaction, which hurts.

"You don't have to...", she whispers, getting his attention. "I want you to hold me tonight..", she admits.

"Then we both stay here, my leg is killing me and I'm way too tired to take the stair challenge this late at night.."

Thinking about the suggestion, she just comes to the conclusion that she with her bump is not fitting onto the couch with him anymore if she wants to keep herself from hurting his leg. Lifting up her body, she brings him a blanket and walks over to the other couch, a blanket in her own hand.

"What the hell are you thinking? How am I supposed to hold you if you're on the other side of the room?", he laughs. Glancing down onto her bump, she sighs, "I don't want to hurt your leg."

He motions her to come back to him. "Just lay sideways and on me and we will be fine." She awkwardly moves onto the couch and does what he suggested, very careful not to touch his left leg.

Soon after, his arms are wrapped around her as she rests her head on his chest, listening to his steady heartbeat. Feeling how he covers them with the blanket before both are out like a light. Both didn't expect to have each other that close again in such a short time.

I don't wanna change your mind
'Cause I accept you for everything you are and will be
Stay here with me now

The only thing that our hearts are made of
Are the acts of forgiveness and love
The only thing real when push comes to shove
Are the acts of forgiveness and love
'Cause in the end no one loses or wins
The story begins again and again
With forgiveness and love

EMiTeRf