Introduction

Thank you for choosing to read The New Twenty. I genuinely appreciate your serious lapse in judgement.

This project is a bit of a departure for me, my background is in writing for film and TV so this is my first serious attempt at writing prose. This was an idea that was originally developed for TV, first with my good friend Dom DeLuca and later with an equally good friend and collaborator Jordan Gross. And even though this did not go on the air in TV, these characters and their stories always stuck with me.

I had been toying with the idea of turning this into a novel but I was unwilling to part with the episodic structure that I thought worked to tell these stories. So I decided to approach it as a series of episodic novellas. The first volume will contain six installments which together will tell a larger story. As I write this, the first three installments are up right now. The remaining three will be up in the coming weeks and months.

My intent with this is to tell universal, relatable, and genuinely funny stories. I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I enjoy writing them. Whatever your reaction may be, please feel free to share your thoughts.

And if, in the end, I made just one person laugh or smile, then this has been a colossal waste of all of our time.