Prologue

A/n at the end. Plz read it.

Valentine pov

Beep!

Beep!

Beep!

Bee-!

"Ugh..." I groan rolling out of bed. Today is the day we find our mate! I think getting off the ground. I hope he saves us from this hell hole....My wolf Sia says. Yeah, me too. I reply. I start getting ready for the day.

I grab a towel and walk into my small bathroom. I bump into almost everything. I turn on the shower and hop in. It's freezing cold water, but I'm used to it. Dad says I don't deserve warm water. I wash my hair with rose shampoo and conditioner. I rinse and then wash my body with cinnamon body wash. I then rinse and get out.

I dry off and put on undergarments. I grab a long sleeve shirt to hide my scars, my mother's jacket, faded blue skinny jeans, and my worn out nikes. I then put them on and grab my mom's star necklace.

I grab my worn out black backpack, run downstairs grab a green apple and run to school. This apple might be my only food for a couple days. If you don't know I'm abused physically and mentally.

When I walk through the doors of the school I get called name's like. "Idiot!" "Bitch." "Dumb***" Then I hear a squeaky a** voice say "Slut!" Then slap me. I fall to the ground with a red hand mark on my face. "Mackenzie..." I mutter looking up.

I stand up "I know you are but what am I?" I ask innocently. "Bitch!" She yells trying to hit me but I grab her fist and twist it. She shrieks crying her makeup running. "Cake face..." I mutter. "What did you just call me?!" She yells try to knee me. I don't notice and get kneed in the stomach. 

I grunt in pain and fall to the floor. Mackenzie and her group start kicking me while everyone laughs at me. I'm on the floor bleeding and crying. No one besides you cares Sia...I bet our mate will reject us.....I think crying even more.

James Ackerman pov

There she lays on the ground getting hurt. I start thinking about how much pain she is in. I have to reject her though. She's not strong enough to be Luna.

Valerie Black/Valentine's sis pov

Ugh! I hate that slut. My wolf Mia says. Me too. I reply glaring daggers at the oblivious Mackenzie. Valentine lays on the ground covered in her own blood and tears. I get tears in my eyes and hear my wolf whimper.

One day that slut will pay! Mia yells. Yeah...and that day will be soon. I say. The bell rings and Mackenzie kicks Valentine one last time then walks to class with her group laughing evilly. I run over to Valentine along with Mako, our 21 year old brother.

Mako sits down and puts her head on his lap. "Your going to be ok Val. Just stay awake. You'll be ok." He said. I can see she's struggling to stay awake. Her eyes close and I sob. We take her to the nurse.

She gasps. "Put her on one of the beds!" She told Mako. "Yes ma'm." He said and put her on the bed closest to her. The nurse is one of our mom's friends. Her name is Leilani White. She's really nice and beautiful inside and out.

Valerie pov

About an hour later she has bandages and a small scar on her face. "It will heal in a couple hours." Leilani says sighing. "What happened?" She asked. "Mackenzie happened." I replied staring out the window.

She growls. I look at her to see her eyes pitch black then flash back to her normal blue. Valentine wakes up she try's sitting up but winces and lays back down. "W-what happened?" She asked in a hoarse voice. "Mackenzie and her gang kicked your ass and you passed out from pain and blood loss." I say.

Valentine pov

Darkness. That's all I saw. I heard talking but it wasn't clear. I could tell it was Valerie, Mako, and Leilani. I open my eyes and sit up. I wince at the pain and lay back down. "W-what happened?" I asked in a hoarse voice. Dang I really need water.

"Mackenzie and her gang kicked your ass and you passed out from the pain and blood loss." Valerie says looking out the window. Mako walks out and comes back with a cup of water. He hands me the water and I hastily drink it.

I wipe my mouth and nod my head as thanks. A couple minutes later we say bye to Leilani after she gives us a pass. We then walk to separate classes. I have P.E!! Yay!  I think. I walk into the girls locker room and change into a sports bra and short shorts. It's what we have to wear so. Yay. Note the sarcasm.

I walk out and go outside were we have P.E and stand in a line with everyone else waiting to get picked. That's when I smell the most amazing scent ever. It's like pine trees and cologne. I sniff the air and smell that it's close.

I look around and notice I'm the last one and people are arguing who gets me. I feel sad but keep looking for the amazing scent. I then lock eyes with the hottest guy in school. James Ackerman. He's the alpha's son. He's also one of the popular guys.

He walks up to me, grabs my arm and pulls me behind the bleachers. I expected him to kiss me but no, oh how wrong I was. "I, James Ackerman, son of  Blake Ackerman, soon-to-be alpha of the Silver Moon pack reject, Valentine Black, as my mate."

It felt like my whole world came crashing down on me. It felt like I died, my heart shattered. I held my chest in pain. With tears streaming down my face I ran out of school and to my only sanctuary. My room, which was inside my house.

I ran into my room and slammed the door shut. I grabbed anything and everything that could fit inside my backpack. I grabbed a pice of paper and a pen. 

I wrote 'Read to the whole pack. Dear whoever the hell is reading this. I've gone away, just like everyone wanted. To the whole pack: I hate you all. I hope you rot in hell. You treated an innocent little girl like a piece of trash. You all blamed me for something that I didn't do. You gave me scars, you abused me. Dear dad, if I can even call you that. You should be ashamed of yourself. You abused your own daughter. Your own blood. What would mom think? Dear Mako, Valerie, and Leilani. You guys were so nice to me. Thank you Leilani for keeping me alive. Mako, Valerie. Thank you for always being there for me. Dear James, I hate your guts. Mates are supposed to love, care, and protect their mate. You did none of that. You left me alone to cry, and you rejected me. Goodbye to you all.'

I placed it on my bed grabbed my backpack and walked over to my small window. I unlocked it and slid it up. I then jumped out of the window shifting in mid air, landing on my feet and ran into the woods. I carried my backpack in my mouth.

I made it to the edge of the territory. I kept running once I passed it the only thing I could think was. I'm free! I'm finally free! I ran for days with no food or water. I ran until my legs buckled underneath me. I heard growling coming from all around me. Oh no... I thought. I saw about five or six wolves.

One of them was a pitch black wolf. I feel power radiating off of him. The wolf walked behind a tree and came back out as a guy with only shorts on. "Shift." He commands. I obey and walk behind a tree coming back out with only a sports bra and short shorts.

The guy pushes me forwards telling me to walk. I walk with the guy behind me and five wolves surrounding me. "W-where are you taking me?" I question quietly. "To the alpha." He says.

--------

How was it? Did I do good for the first chapter? I really hope you guys enjoyed. I'll try to get the next chapter up as soon as I can. Love ya! ❤️

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW

Word Count: 1,418 (not including this)