Chapter 45 | Bishops

Drake walked through the only colorful hall of the manor

Drake walked through the only colorful hall of the manor. It seemed so out of place, as if children lived here. He'd never expect something so bizarre from a man as refined as Jasper. Then again, Finch always had a softer heart. He could be amused by such things as this. Maybe that's why Colton abandon his faith; He was fed up with their childish ways.

"Excuse me, Mister?" A soft voice spoke from behind him. He spun around quickly to see a tiny vampire, clutching a stuffed cat. "Can I help you? You look lost."

He figured he might as well take advantage of her ignorance. Drake knelt down to be at eye level with her and make her more comfortable. "I'm looking for the elf prince Yoshiko Yasahiro. I've been told I could find him here."

Friday turned her head to the side like a curious puppy. "We don't have any princes here. There's a princess, though."

Drake tried to not let her see how the news confused him. "A princess?"

"Mhm. The Fairy Princess of the Sun and Moon. She's really pretty. Probably the prettiest lady I've ever seen." She replied.

"Where can I find this princess, then?" He asked.

She swayed a little, keeping her kitty close. "I'm not allowed to say, but you can ask them."

Friday pointed behind him. Hesitantly, he stood up and turned around. Drake was frustrated with himself to see that two creatures had sneaked up on him. Micah and Ghost stood in front, grinning devilishly. Behind them, Joy and London took a stance, both boiling over with rage.

"I must admit, I'm impressed. It's not easy to sneak up on me. A clever move, too, having a little girl distract me." Drake said.

Micah laughed, "Oh, that's no little girl."

"Excuse me?!" She yelled at him, "What'd you mean I'm not?!"

"My apologies, Sweetheart. I meant to say you're no ordinary little girl. Now, why don't you take out some of that rage on this gentleman." He suggested.

Friday shoved her stuffed animal in his direction, "Okay, but you'll keep my kitty safe for me, right?"

Even in the midst of a life or death situation, she could make him smile. He took the plush kitten with pride and slipped it into the inner pocket of his duster. "I'll keep her safe in my jacket."

"Seriously?" Joy grumbled, "In the midst of a fight, you're worried about your damn stuffed animal?!"

"Joy, dear, we all have different things in our life that hold value. I believe that we can all agree that was we value the most is Qrow manor and our family inside of it." Micah removed his leather trench coat and let a gust of wind carry it away. Ghost couldn't help but stare a moment at his pin straight black hair draped over his bare chest. It could make any woman faint, honestly. Then, that strong Cajun accent followed, "Drake, I know you have more heart than your comrades. You only fight because you feel you have to follow your father's orders. That is not true."