*Chapter 24*

Severus paused, afraid to speak. Sirius wanted to talk about Harry. Harry, as in his godson who was currently hiding his bathroom.

Severus cleared his throat. "What about Harry?"

Sirius walked into the room and started pacing.

"I hate to come to you with this but I know Harry is starting to trust you more so I thought maybe you know. I think he's dating someone and he hasn't told me. I don't want to pry. But today while we were talking, he scratched his neck and I could see hickeys." Sirius sighed deeply. "I think he might be with Draco."

In the bathroom, Harry had to cover his mouth to keep from gasping.

Severus on the other hand had to turn his back so Sirius couldn't see the relief on his face.

"Why would you think he's with Draco?" Severus asked, keeping his voice low and uninterested.

"Well, that's the only reason he wouldn't tell me right? If it was Draco. Maybe he thinks I would disapprove because he likes a Malfoy. Or maybe he thinks I wouldn't accept him because he's gay? I don't care about any of that." Sirius turned towards Severus. "I just want to be close to him again."

Severus looked at Sirius. Sirius Black. He didn't ever like Sirius. He only put up with Sirius for Harry. Severus didn't know why Sirius was even here.

"Sirius, don't you think this is a conversation you should have with Harry? Maybe tomorrow. After he slept and you slept." Severus said, trying to get Sirius to leave. All the anger was starting to rise again. Severus wasn't drinking now. Remus wasn't there. All Sirius was, right now, was the person who interrupted his time with Harry and the asshole who tormented him in highschool.

"I just thought you might know what's going on with Harry. I guess you two aren't as close as it seems." Sirius started walking toward the door.

Severus shook his head. "Have you changed at all? You're still as ignorant as ever." Severus watched as Sirius stopped in the door. "I wouldn't tell you anything that Harry has confided in me. And maybe if you stopped hating the people he cares about, he'd share thing with you. Something to think about. I assume you can find your way out."

Sirius didn't say anything. He just shut the door and let himself out.

Severus sighed and went to the bathroom and opened the door. "You can come out."

Harry walked out and sat in the center of the bed.

"You're right." Harry said quietly. "About Sirius. He hasn't really changed. He just pretends best changed and I think he thinks he's changed." Harry sighed and tried to explain himself. "He thinks that I'm my dad. But I'm not. I know I'm not. But Sirius wants me to be. So he's kind of distant now. But I'm distant too."

Severus took off his pants and his shirt. Not that he expected them to do anything, that's just how Sev slept when Harry was here. He laid on the bed and waited for Harry to do the same.

Harry laid down next to him and stared at the ceiling. "Do you think he's angry with me?" Harry asked.

Severus didn't know how to answer any of this. He would rather hear Harry joke about how Sirius thought Harry was with Draco.

"I don't think Sirius could ever be angry at you. He does love you Harry." Severus told him. There wasn't much he could say.

Severus was done with the night. He was angry but not at Harry. He was sad but not about Sirius. He was tired. And not the kind of tired that sleep could fix.

"Let's talk about this tomorrow." Severus said quietly and pulled Harry close and pulled the blankets over them.

Harry was able to forget life for a moment and just focus on Sev's chest pressed against his back. So he fell asleep, thankful for Severus.

But Severus couldn't sleep. He just couldn't get all the thoughts of Sirius and Hogwarts when he went there. He hated it.

Severus was awake long after Harry was fast asleep. But eventually, sleep was more important than depressing thoughts so he drifted off to sleep.

A/N: Did I actually fucking update in a decent amount of time. Wow.