( i. ) wibbly wobbly spacey wacey

WEIGHT OF LIVING.
CHAPTER ONE
( WIBBLY WOBBLY
SPACEY WACEY )

It started when Zoe realized her fridge was empty

It started when Zoe realized her fridge was empty. Well empty of anything edible. Her girlfriend, Deidre, had bought her a salad earlier that day for her to eat.

"To eat some proper vegetables," she'd said.

Zoe had stuck her tongue at her and stuck the salad at the very back of the fridge. Deidre had left to visit her mother that day, and wouldn't come back until later that week. Unfortunately, she hadn't gone grocery shopping, none of them have. Zoe stared at the plastic container, the salad staring back at her expectantly. She wrinkled her nose at it, and sighed, reaching into the fridge and pulling it. There was a cup filled with ranch dressing.

Continuing to look disgusted, Zoe poured the ranch dressing over the salad, mixed it, and took a bite. At the first bite, she gagged at the taste. Her taste buds disgusted with the taste of the salad and the dressing. But Zoe was hungry, and she was going to prove to Deidre that she could eat vegetables. She was going to finish this salad even if it killed her dammit!

When bad shit started to happen, Zoe later realized that the salad might have been the cause. After all, there's a reason food that's green isn't to be trusted.

When her computer froze, Zoe ignored it. This was an all too common occurrence for her. and she would have continued on with her life had her television not turned on. By itself.

A month of Supernatural marathons came flooding back, and for once, Zoe regretted watching the show. Why else would she think she's the first five minutes of an episode? Those never ended well.

"Please don't let it be a ghost," she prayed once the lights began flickering.

The only person Zoe could think of that could reasonably haunt the place was the previous owner of the house, her neighbor; an elderly religious woman who died of a heart attack five years ago. Zoe knew the old lady well. Zoe's dog used to always follow her around looking for treats. The lady was a sweetheart and she died peacefully. No violent deaths happened in the house, that she knew of at least. Perhaps a poltergeist? Those always made their presence known with little stuff before moving into big things.

Zoe decided to not take any chances and made a beeline towards the kitchen. If it was a ghost, salt would help her.

By the time Zoe had finished the circle, the house had started to tremble. Had Zoe lived in an earthquake prone area she would have breathed a sigh of relief, but she didn't live in an earthquake prone area. She lived in Texas. There weren't any earthquakes in Texas.