i. the vanishing of will byers & bridgette aborne.

CHAPTER ONE
THE VANISHING OF WILL BYERS & BRIDGETTE ABORNE.

*•°*•°

*•°*•°

A young girl's hand clasped tightly to the handle of her bicycle, her eyes squeezed shut as the wind quickly whipped her hair around.
Her friends were calling out her name from behind her, but she didn't listen, she kept speeding down the poorly lit road with her eyes dangerously closed.

A smile unrolled across her face as she heard her friends hurriedly speed up on their bikes, soaring up beside her as she halted to a jarring stop.
She feverishly giggled and opened her eyes.
Her three friends sat on their bikes, their legs straddled to the side to keep balance, a look of disbelief and perturbation on all of their faces.

"Jesus Christ Bridgette, I thought you were gonna wipe out," Stammered her friend, Dustin as he wiped nervous sweat away from his forehead.
Bridgette raised her eyebrows, staring at the other two boys, Lucas and Will, waiting for a reaction from them.

Will's face was paler than usual, maybe it was because of the odd night lighting but his complexion looked a little green and uneasy.
He made eye contact with Bridgette and shook his head gently.
Lucas glared with an expression of agitation.

"Okay, c'mon you guys! I have to live a little once and awhile, and hey, I'm not hurt am I? I'm alright." Bridgette grinned out, flicking her brake up with a hard twitch of her foot.
She started riding down the road steadily, looking up at the prepossessing moon and stars.

The boys lagged behind, Lucas saying goodnight and turning onto his street on the way.
Dustin asked Will to race him home, to which Will had done so at the suggestion of a new comic.

Will whizzed past Bridgette, gazing behind and grinning at her as she slowly pedaled her way along, the chilling breeze cooling off the excitement of what she and her sister called a bike-coaster.
The two of them had made it up when they were of the ripe age of eight, at first they flew off their bikes and ate dirt, occasionally rolling down the steep road as their bike skidded into a ditch, but once they found their balance, they used it to bring worry to their friends and live a little.

"Will wins!" Bridgette shouted over her shoulder to Dustin who was quite far behind her, not to mention Will was very far ahead of Bridgette as well.
"Goodnight Dustin, see you tomorrow!" Bridgette hollered, her voice echoing through the crisp air in soft, reverberating booms.
She put the pedal to the metal and quickened her pace, attempting to catch up to Will.
She would get closer, and then facetiously Will would zip further up the road with momentum induced by the pure thought of lightheartedly annoying Bridgette.

"Slow down Byers, please," Bridgette pleaded, suddenly heaving for air, a quick bike-coaster was about all her lungs could handle.
The young girl's hands scanned her body, searching her pockets for her inhaler, but it was nowhere to be seen.
"Oh shit... I left my inhaler at Mike's house," She said, breathlessly as her chest tightened.