ii. violett aborne's predicament.

CHAPTER TWO
VIOLETT ABORNE'S PREDICAMENT.

CHAPTER TWOVIOLETT ABORNE'S PREDICAMENT

*•°*•°

Violett Aborne rode her bicycle down a street in which was bustling with kids trying to get to school like herself.
It was a brisk day, much more kids were on the buses though.

However Violett longed for chilly weather in which the air had a bite to it, it seemed perfect to her.

She began to speed up, slightly lifting off of the seat, her ponytail swinging as she did so.

"Hey Scottie," She grinned as she traveled up beside her best friend.
"Oh - hi," Scottie mumbled, her knuckles turning white as she swerved away from her boyfriend who was attempting to push her into Violett.

"Troy, that was an ass move!" She scoffed, her eyes bleeding into a darker shade as rage surfaced through her mind.
He simpered, looking back. His eyes fell onto Violett, impertinently he didn't take them away until his friend, James, got his attention.
Troy rolled his eyes and turned to back to James, ready to bicker about whatever his friend pleased to.

Scottie rode closer into Violett, her eyebrows furrowed.
"Y'know, he's been such a jerk recently, I don't what's gotten into him," She sighed, a disappointed tone in her voice.
Violett laughed and lifted up her hand, using it to block the scintillating sun from her eyes.
"Probably high levels of testosterone, my cousin says it can sometimes make boys weird." Violett said, glimpsing over at her raging friend.

"Oh that's disgusting!" Scottie dramatically exclaimed, putting a hand over her mouth as if she was attempting to stifle a potential gag.
"It's not disgusting Scotia, you're just immature," Violett gently scolded, noticing from her peripheral vision, that Troy was once again looking at her.

Violett turned her head, slightly shuddering in aversion.
She never had anything to berate Troy about besides him being a jerk in general, but just within the last year, he's been way out around her, he'd always stare at her or do other bemusing and vexatious things, certain actions that "just friends" shouldn't attempt to partake in.

The four weaved around other kids, rudely throwing them off on their own way to school.
Scottie smirked as she ripped a winter hat off a younger boy's head, hurling it down into a bank nearby.
She glanced at Violett's unnerved countenance, shrugging in reply and racing up towards Troy and James.

Violett straggled behind the bunch, wishing her eyes could shoot searing and deathly lasers into the back of their empty, idiotic heads.
It most definitely wouldn't be a lie to say that the young girl loathed her friends, however she truly did enjoy them as her companions, though sometimes her friendship with them did often string her out and slowly tear her down harshly.
It was hard for Violett to please them.

_

Violett crossed her arms over her chest, her eyes sharpening as she stood in between Troy and James.
She gave the boys in front of her a look of pity, but Mike, Lucas nor Dustin even dared to look at her.

"Who do you think would make more money at a freak show?" Troy began questioning, a fiendish hint in his voice.
He stepped closer and spoke up again, "Midnight? Frogface? Or Toothless?"
James raised a hand to his chin, as if he were deeply contemplating the question.
"I go with toothless," He insolently joked, acting as if he had a severe speech impediment.

"James..." Violett sighed in disagreement, fumbling with a ring on her finger.
Troy and James looked at her and then at each other, laughing at her disapproval.
She shook and turned her head towards the ground below them, knowing that she'd have to explain herself to them later.

"I told you a million times! My teeth are growing in, it's called cleidocranial dysplasia." Dustin protested.
Violett's lips twitched into a frown as her friends snickered beside her.
She felt bad for Dustin, he shouldn't have to explain himself to two complete assholes for something he can't help.

"Do the arm thing," Troy demanded, a grimacing expression splayed across his face.
Dustin stood there for a second, looking at Violett's sad appearance before James scoffed.
"Do it freak!" He shouted, jarring Violett and Scottie that was standing off side of him.

Violett's stomach turned, though she respected Dustin with all her being, she couldn't stand the sound of his crackling joints.
She turned away as he pushed his arms forward, the quite disturbing noise sounded as his joints popped loudly.

"Oh, it gets me every time!" Troy sneered as he walked off, James and Scottie following behind.

Violett turned and looked at the agitated boys in front of her.
Her eyes fell over them, a thought coming into her mind.
She waved awkwardly at them, quickly shoving her hand into the pocket of her jean jacket afterwards.
"Do you know if Bridgette is inside? With Will maybe? I know she slept over with Will so..." She trailed off, brushing back a strand of her hair that insisted on sticking to her lipgloss.

All them looked slightly startled to the fact she spoke to them, to them she was always their best friends quiet and shy twin who never spoke to them, which they assumed was because of Troy's asking.
"U-uhm, yeah I-I think so," Mike stammered, looking down at his feet.
Dustin and Lucas nodded along with their friends words.
"Okay uh — thanks." Violett grinned awkwardly, dust coughing as she kicked her foot around in the gravel below her.

She began to slowly walk off, stopping as she remembered something in which she had been thinking about telling them.
She turned around on the heels of her feet.
All three of them looked up from their conversation as she spoke.

"Hey listen, I know that they give you a hard time," She started, implying that she was talking about Troy and James.
"So, I'm gonna talk to them about it. It might not help but it's worth a shot, right?" She finished, a fairly exuberant look on her face.

The boy's nodded, unsure.
"Well, see you later..." Violett smiled before turning towards the school's entrance.

She gripped onto the straps of her bookbag as she moved through groups of chatting students.
A warm feeling rushed into her head, her vision blurring into a mist before distorting back into normal.
Piercingly sharp ringing noises seared through her eardrums, causing her to feel unexpectedly faint and weak.

The girl brushed it off as if it wasn't suddenly concerning her greatly.
Too bad she wasn't too concerned, maybe she could've stopped the rest that has yet to fall onto her shoulders.

*•°*•°

ɪ ғᴇᴇʟ s ɪғ ɪ ᴄᴏᴜʟ'ᴠᴇ ᴅᴏɴ ᴡᴀʏ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ ɪʜ ʜɪs ᴄᴏɴsɪᴅᴇʀɪɴɢ ɪ'ᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴡᴏʀɪɴɢ ɴ ɪ ғʀ ᴡᴇᴇᴋ :(

ʜ ᴡᴇʟʟ, ʜ ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴜʏs sᴏᴍᴇᴡʜᴀᴛ ɴᴊᴏʏᴇᴅ ʜɪs !! ɪ's ɢᴏɴɴ ɢᴇᴛ s ᴍᴜᴄʜ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ ɴ ɪ' ɴᴏᴛ ᴊᴜs sʏɪɴɢ ʜᴀᴛ ʜʜ

ɴɪʟ ɴx ɪᴍᴇ, ᴘᴇᴀᴄᴇ ᴏᴜᴛ ✌🏻️