Prologue

Mrs Lovett's pie shop. The place where Mrs Lovett lived. She sat alone each day, no money, living off the disgusting pies she sold. Until Benjamin Barker came back, or Sweeney Todd as he called himself, and changed everything. But along with success he brought his murderous ways into her home, and as she loved him, she allowed it. But as they searched for her beloved son Toby in the bake house, she realised that she couldn't allow it to continue.

"Sweeney, you can kill the judge, but then let's just stop, stop the killing, I've got enough meat to last me a lifetime." Nellie asked.

"Mrs Lovett, why so soft? Why do I see remorse in your eyes?" The Murderous barber said, brushing her comments aside.

"Because I love yo-" She started. "Because I love Toby, you know what it's like to have a child, and I only want the best for Toby, he's the only chance I will ever have for a child."

Sweeney stopped and put one hand on Nellie's shoulder, his other hand firmly gripping his blade, Nellie had seen how dangerous he was when equipped with his razors.  "Okay."

"Okay? You'll stop?" Nellie asked in disbelief. "Do you mean it?"

"Yes. You've been good to me Mrs Lovett, and I've killed enough to get my revenge, I finally feel complete. Lucy would have wanted me to move on, if not for me, for Johanna." He said. "I'll go sort everything out, you find Toby, and then I'll leave you forever."

Nellie nodded, still processing what he said, until he started to walk away. "Wait Mr Todd..." She called.

"What is it?"

"Don't go." She said. "You can stay here...You know, you can help around the shop and stuff. And Toby is really starting to like you." She lied. Toby was scared of him, and hated him with a passion. 

"I'm leaving."

Mrs Lovett nodded. She knew better than to argue with him, considering what he had done to the people who wronged him.

~*~

"Were is Mr Todd?" Toby asked nervously. Mrs Lovett had found him in the bake house after Sweeney left, she had cleaned up all the bodies and explained it to Toby, who had agreed that it was for the better. She missed Sweeney, she really did, she felt something was missing without him. She loved him. She told herself that it was for the best though, and now she could but all her attention on Toby and the shop.

"He's...Gone away, he's not going to be living with them anymore." Nellie explained as vaguely as possible.

Toby finished up his food and wiped his mouth with his sleeve. He waited for Nellie to finish as well, and then cleaned up the plates. "You know what, I'm gonna take a walk." Nellie said. "Just need some fresh air, you help yourself to the gin." She said, getting her son excited.

She got up from her seat and opened the door of her shop, taking a deep breath she went into the cold evening air. Even though it was dark, the streets were still full of people stealing and trying to get a good deal on food. She crossed her arms to try and warm her torso up, and took the back alleys to escape fleet street. She wasn't really thinking about where she was going, she just knew she didn't want to be anywhere that reminded her of Sweeney.

She stopped in the middle of the alley and fell back on the wall, starting to sob. She felt the tears run down her face, she didn't think she could miss Sweeney so much, so soon. She but her hands over her face and sat there, listening to the shouts from the markets on the main roads.

Suddenly she felt a hand on her shoulder, she looked up and saw a man, she didn't recognise him, but he was holding a knife. He pulled her up and thrust her against the wall, Nellie tried to scream but he jabbed his elbow in her face. He started to undo her dress and she tried to kick him and escape his grasp, but he wouldn't let go.

"Get...off..." Nellie choked out, her face stained with tears and her limbs starting to stop resisting due to exhaustion.

She closed her eyes and excepted to be abused by this man, he had taken her dress off and she was crying intensely,  but then she heard a bottle smash on the ground and the man fell on the floor, in a heap. Nellie looked up at her rescuer, she couldn't really see them as her eyes were flooded with tears and it was dark. "Thank you sir, how can I repay you?" She wept, doing her dress back up.

"I think you'll find that was me repaying you." A familiar voice said, but it was slurring a little.

"Mr Todd is that you?" Nellie asked, wiping her eyes and seeing the barber in front of her. "Are you drunk?"

"A little, but come on, you need to get out of here, the alleys aren't safe for a woman like you in the evenings." Sweeney said, taking her hand and dragging her out of the dark.

"What do you mean, a woman like me?" Nellie asked.

"I mean a woman so damn beautiful..." Sweeney said, pulling Nellie close to him and kissing her passionately. Nellie stepped back in shock, he was clearly very drunk and had no idea what he was doing, but this was everything she had ever wanted, for him too finally see her in a new light. 

"Mr Todd, your drunk, you don't know what your doing-"

"Oh shut up Nellie." Sweeney said, pulling her in closer again. Nellie just stood in shock. He had never called her by her first name before, only by Mrs Lovett. Obviously she didn't want to take advantage of him when he was drunk, but he did just save her and she probably should repay him...

She kissed him back, and hugged him tightly, she never wanted to let go of him. "Do you want to go in the shop?" She asked politely.

"I would love to Mrs Lovett..." He slurred, and she took his hand, leading him into the pie shop that he'd just left.

"D'you want some gin?" Nellie offered, pulling the glass bottle from under the counter, and put it down on the table. Together they finished the bottle, which resulted in Sweeney being even more drunk and Nellie becoming drunk herself. "You know what would be funny...." Nellie giggled childishly.

"Whattttt...?" Sweeney slurred, almost falling of his chair.

"If we got married and had a familyyy.." Nellie said laughing.

Sweeney nodded a bit to enthusiastically and kissed her again, too drunk to have any second thoughts Nellie kissed him back and they continued to embrace for ten minutes. Sweeney picked Nellie up, kissed her again, and carried her upstairs to her bedroom...

Yay Sweenett fanfic finally! I've wanted to write one for ages but I got preoccupied with the Julia Hoffman one and obviously the Bellatrix one! I hope people enjoy this as much as I enjoy writing it! Please leave comments about what you think and what you want to happen in the story, because I always try and add that into the story!

Thanks for reading!