6. Changes

Jasper's POV (The next morning after Bella's and Jake's dinner.)

I'm feel so sorry for Bella. I hate it how Edward treated her and made wrong impressions come up. As if I could attack Bella, when I really tried to protect her from Edward.

I really care about her. She's like my sister after all, and I like her brother, I think. I'm not sure what she might think right now...

I need to hunt, I decided. So I ran out and just ran until the border of Forks comes up. I ran and ran and got to the territory of the wolves. It seems Alice had believed me.

"And now I just stand and wait for the wolves to come, so Alice shall not see me." "I have to think about Jake or something to be sure not to give anything away."

Jacob's POV

It's morning now. I wake up thinking about my dream. Or at least it seemed like a dream. Last night would have been amazing if that fire head didn't come, but still. It was perfect.

I get out of bed and go to the kitchen, to grab a bite to eat, then I'll take my wolf form and check the border for the intruders like Sam wanted me to and then I think I'll go see Bella. I wonder does she want to go hiking? Maybe it's time to tell her that I imprinted on her, too? Well, let's see when I see her today, how does she feel about that.

After breakfast. I run out to the woods to change, only I smell something. Something sickeningly sweet, but not too gross, it seems familiar.

Well, well! We have company guys! Jasper is here. And I run.

Jasper's POV

Jake and I used to be good friends. I helped him when he was a pup. I helped him to control his anger as I knew exactly what it feels to feel out of control. It was quite a story how we met and he started to trust me. In my heart I knew he's not a bad guy even if he was a werewolf. Volture would probably kill me for thinking like that. I wasn't like them the war had changed me. I hated Edward in secret because of how he always treated Bella and tried to separate her and Jacob. I knew he would never hurt her, it would be impossible for him anyway.

I did feel what he felt even before he changed and imprinted on her. I wonder are they together now? Has Bella seen through the bastard and forgot about him and understood that Jake is The One?

Suddenly the smell of the wolf became stronger and I could feel the feelings of excitement coming from the bushes before they parted and Jake rushed through. I smirked. I haven't seen him in six, almost seven months. He smiled back.

"Hey bro!" "What are you doing here?"
"You know, couldn't be with the family any longer." I said looking down. "I was worried about Bella... how is she? Is she very heart broken? Is she mad? Does she hate us all now? Can I see her? How are thin...?"

"Wow, wow, wow! Slow down! One question at a time." Jake interrupted me.

I stopped and smiled apologetically. Jake continued: "So... she seems happier, she was broken, but I'm sure she'll be fine soon, if that blood sucker doesn't come back, no offence!"

"Non taken!" I assured him. Jake nodded.

"I don't know about mad and hating, but I don't see why she would hate you. You know how forgiving she is. And now that is has already happened, if anything you helped her out of this mess with Edward, the day you guys left." He stopped to take a breath. "About seeing her... I don't know... I think I'll go and ask her hiking or something and try and get some more info out of her. I tried to talk to her about it all, and you guys, in the beginning, but she didn't really want to speak... kind of hard to contact..." He stopped again, and I took that time to process what I had just heard.

"But no more questions, aren't you happy to see me!? I understand about Bella, but you could have at least asked how was I!?" Jake mocked me, playing hurt.

I laughed. "How are you, dear friend?"
"Now that's better! I'm fine! Thank you for your late concern." He was still 'pouting' but a cheeky grin had already started to come on his face. "What have you been up to? Anything interesting to share? I sure have."

"Nothing really... well except maybe that Eddie boy is gone, 'mourning' for his loss as he says, but we all know that's not true. I think I know what he's really doing. I bet he's happy now."

"Pixie had been lying to me about Edward and Bella and us. I mean she knew that Edward lied to us about Bella breaking up with him. I know it because Edward went away and I felt how Alice loved and missed him. Not very good at hiding her feelings." I said bitterly.
"At first I thought it was just a sisterly love, but then she started to disappear and act all weird around me, feeling guilt. So one day I cornered her and told her: "You're acting weird, and I can feel the quilt, and I can also feel your love towards Edward and it's not a sisterly thing. Your hiding something else. TELL ME EVERYTHING!" And so she told me. She told me how Edward broke up with her, leaving her in the forest alone, telling her he didn't love her, never did. How Edward and Alice are real mates, and how Bella's blood just sang to him.

After all that I let her go, haven't seen her anymore." I sighted. I looked at him when I felt his feelings to see that Jake's face was full of hate and horror.

"That's why he was always so angry at everybody else who was near her."
"Yup, she was "HIS", Bella and no one else could have her. You see, he was afraid she might start liking you and so she would... Well now it's over, I hope. I don't think they know I have returned."

"And you said nothing interesting happened..." Jacob said, looking at me as if the sky had fallen on him. "If this isn't then what is?" He asked incredulously.

"But hey... I really should be running the borders." He said suddenly shaking his head and coming back to the reality. "We have a vampire here! I don't know who, but maybe you do! Woman, red curly hair..."

"Victoria!" I shouted horrified.

"So you know her!" Stated Jacob with grim satisfaction, observing my reaction. "Good! Then maybe you also know why she's here?"

"I might have and idea." I nodded unhappily. "You said you have to run the borders?"
Jake nodded.

"Let us do so. Take your wolf form. I will run on our land and you will run on your's. And I will tell you everything I know."

Jake agreed. With that he changed back to his wolf form and we started to run in different sides of the border.
______________________________________
Here's a new chapter. Hope you'll enjoy the turn in Twilight. Please vote and comment, I'd be thrilled to know what you think.

5/08/2023 I have done some major editing on this and the last 5 chapters and will continue to do so with the one after this, because 4 years ago my English was... terrible as I am finding out.