10. Suprise meeting

Jasper's POV

The week went by quickly. Bella and Jake became even more close and visited me everyday. I was happy, only I missed my family a lot.
Esme was so gentle and Carlisle so caring. I missed my parents, and Rose, my loving sister. Even she missed Bella. Even if she didn't like to show it, we all knew. And I even wished my annoying brother, Emmett, was here. Only he must not know that, his head is already too big for his own good. I just wish they were here. It isn't the same without them.

I look at my wristwatch and see that it is already 4 in the morning. Bella and Jacob had left seven hours ago. How does the time fly. I have been just sitting here for so long. Weird. Feels like minutes.

I should go hunting, I haven't done that for a week, even a little more. I'm suprised that I haven't charged on Bella yet. But I'd probably be dead before I reach her. Jake would never let it happen.

Yes, I remember now, I  hunted 2 days before coming here with Rosalie and Carlisle, while Esme was shopping. It had become her way of trying to forget Bella. After all, she did love her very much, she was like a daughter to her. And it was even harder when Alice went away so Rosalie was her only daughter and female companion.

I don't know why she decided that shopping was the best way to recover especialy when she almost always did it alone and we could all see how much she counted on Rosalie, but I guess everybody needs a little alone time sometimes. I did. And so did everyone else.

I run out and close my eyes, soon I'm after a mountain lion that is hunting down a herd of deer a mile to the North. I run and the smell is getting stronger. Soon I can see it lurking and I sneek closer. The lion is too concentrated and doesn't hear me coming at all. A second later I sink my teeth into its neck and drain him dry.

After few more deer I'm finaly full and decide to go home. Maybe I should read a book or something.
When I reach home I run directly to the bookcase in my room and grab Far from the madding crowd by T. Hardy. I don't know why choose that one. I guess I feel like it.

I hear a knock on the door and put a bookmark to where I left off, to then stand up to go and open the door. I already know who there is because of the smell. Only I don't understand why? At times like this I really wish I could read minds.
I open the door and say: "Hello Alice."
"Hello Jasper. Can I come in?"
I lift my eyebrows questionangly, but step aside and she comes in. This better be good.