CHAPTER 7

Its been two weeks since I had my meltdown. A lot has happened in this time. Mom apologised and now we're talking again, I had another anxiety attack, the boys have started sitting with Nova and I, that put us in the spotlight at school,and Jay is captain of his soccer team and Jake and I have gotten much closer. And now the boys, Nova and I are heading over to my house for a while.

"How do you guys even know where Callie's house is?" Nova asked the question I've been dying to ask but always forget. 

"That doesn't matter," Jake smirked at Nova and I. That sneaky little bastard.

"Okay y'all, we're here," Callum announced as his Jeep came to a halt.

"What the heck? Who says y'all?" Justin was hysterical.

"Dude," Lucas deadpanned.

"C'mon guys let's go," I urged.

We got inside my house and headed for my room.

"Mom? I thought you were at work," I said shocked to see her. Everyone was behind me waiting for me to keep walking into my room but I stopped.

Her head snapped up at the sound of my voice, "Why aren't you taking your Medicine?"

She was crying, her eyes were red and puffy. Her hands were shaking as she held the bottle  that was full of pills.

"Why are you doing this to yourself, Callie? You aren't helping yourself  like this, please Callie, I'm begging you to please take them. I don't want to see you like that again, it broke my heart. It's not fair on my part, Callie. Don't be selfish," she cried. 

"Mom, please, now isn't the time,"

"Then when is the time?! Tell me, Callie! It's always not the time. Do you want to end up dead just like-"

"Mom, stop! Stop! Don't you dare, don't..." I ran out to the back yard, ignoring the calls I heard. 

How could she? Sometimes I really hated my mom. 

I ran to the backyard and sat on one of the swings that my dad built when I was, like, eight. I sat there and just felt like ripping my hair out. I was so mad. I was so tired. I was so confused. I was so lost. I couldn't even cry anymore, I was drained of tears. I was tired. when would this ever end? When would I feel like a normal teenager or atleast a happy person?

I put my head in my hands and just let out a scream.

"Callie?"

I looked up at Jake,"Where's Nova?"

"She's talking to your mom," he replied and looked down at his feet as he approached me with the rest of the guys. They sat directly in front of me.

"What was that about?" Justin spoke up.

"It was nothing," I mumbled in response.

We all just stared at each other for a while in silence. Jake's stare was intense and strong. It was like he was reading my mind, I suddenly felt so naked under his stare. I lowered my head and just started crying the few tears I had left in me. I felt like just when life was getting better something had to go wrong. It was like I was in a dark room that I was trying to escape and when I finally find a door and try to get out, there's a force that pushes me back to the ground. And that wasn't fair at all.

The tears came back full force.

"Callie please talk to us. Whats the matter. I know something tragic happened but what is it? We are here for you, you can tell us. We are your friends, please Callie," Jake said as he rubbed my back.

"That's the thing, that's the freaking thing! I can't tell you. It's too much for me, I couldnt handle it!" I yelled at his face.

  "What about the pills? What was that about?" I could hear Lucas' voice.

"I know what those pills are. They're anti-depressants. My sister used to take them when she was very depressed," Callum said with a very low voice.

"Oh my gosh, Callie. You're depressed,  you're not okay. I didnt know, oh my gosh, I'm so sorry. We all are," Jake rushed his words.

"Why dont you take your pills?"Lucas asked.

"I dont like them. They make me feel worse and so weird. I don't feel like myself. I feel like an alien to my own body," I cried out.

"You need to take them, please take them," Jake pleaded.

"You dont understand,"

No one said anything. 

Lucas stood up with Justin, Callum and Jake following suit. I looked up at them in confusion. Lucas grabbed my hand and pulled towards them. He huddled me in the middle of them then Jake placed his hand on the small of my back and I shivered from his touch. Weird.

"Group hug!" Justin cheered. We all slightly laughed.

"We love you, Callie. And we're here for you," Callum said after a while of silence.

"Thanks, guys."

I wiped my tears and then we all made our way back inside the house.

We sat with Nova and watched Mad Max together. Mom made us all popcorn and left for work. She apologised, again, and said that she was just a bit emotional.

Soon everyone was leaving because it was kinda late. I didnt want them to leave because then I would've been alone. Jay was at a sleepover with his friends. 

I said bye to Nova, who left first because her brother was sick and her mom wasn't in town. All the boys except for Jake walked out of the house.

"So you're alone now," Jake scratched the back of his neck.

"Yep."

"Oh..." he stalled.

"Yeah..."

"Well, bye then," he said in a weird tone as he walked towards the door.

"Jake?" he looked back,"Can you stay?"

"Stay?" he asked with bulging eyes.

"Yeah. I mean if you haven't got plans," I looked down.

"Yeah, sure. I have to tell the guys, though."

He came back inside the house with red cheeks and flustered-looking eyes and said that he told the guys. We walked up to my room.

"So I guess we are having a sleepover then" he said

"Yep!"

********************************************************************

What do you guys think happened to Callie that left her so broken?

leave your thoughts in the comments section.

I dont if I should continue with this book though. I just feel so demotivated lately and like no one really is enjoying the book so far but then I have so many plans for this story, so I'm kind of at a cross roads here.

Anyway, love you guys <3