Operation: Cupcake

---Okay! This is a really short story I wrote for Valentine's Day! I got the idea from the wonderful wendythewriter2 on twitter! I wrote it quick so please forgive errors. LOL!

----dedicated to all those lonely singles on valentines day.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All black, that's what ninjas and special operations people sometimes wear. Also, those gangster looking creepers I drive by on the way home from school everyday. Anyway... Black! I round the corner with my gun held at chest level. Fingers at the ready. No one is there. I creep forward, step after step. I'm not a ninja or a mouse, but I can be silent and deadly when I need to. It's just not fair that I would get this mission. It's not fair on a day like this. I don't have any of my own. I have to risk my stinking, precious life to fetch them. One at least, one.  My shoes were left behind in an attempt to be silent. Socks aren't great with running, but they will have to work. Only when its night would I have needed to wear black. I stop at the end of a hallway listening and examine my wardrobe, all black - black as my heart. I nod in approval. But, it is the middle of the day and I stick out. More reason to be silent.

I raise my watch up to my lips and whisper as silently as possible. "Jess, approaching stairs." I don't hear anything back. I hope the others at home base made it. Things were pretty intense when I left. If we didn't need these two..., I silence my thoughts. I can hear whispering below. Have they made me? If the entry point had of been from the ground and not from above it would have made this whole operation a lot easer. It wasn't my decision to make. I'm just following orders. I could have been out with a boyfriend or friends or I mean just even out! But no, I was sulking – Alone - at base. It's my own fault I'm on this stupid mission now. If only I had just refused I could have stayed and sulked about not having any single friends to hang out with. No way was I going to be a third wheel. No way in the world. The whispering stops. I could just make out a few words. Crazy and Again. I didn't know what those meant. I had to keep going, I was already too far in. There was no extraction team. I was alone completely alone. If I was caught it would be very bad for me, very, very bad.

Laughter, is that laughter? Probably a party? That's why I had been brought in from the air instead of the ground. Too many eyes. I make it to the next doorway. This is where it gets tricky. If I'm spotted sneaking across, that's it mission over. But I won't get caught; I won't! I refuse! I raise my watch and glance around to double check I am alone. The party must be going on in the room I'm about to dodge. Probably the central living area of this house. "Jess at point two." I say it barely above a whisper. If I'm caught that's the end of it. I raise my gun again. My heart is beating a million miles an hour. The blood roaring in my ears. Not good! Not Good! I scream internally and concentrate on breathing to get my hearing back. I can't stand here any longer. At any moment someone could walk around any corner or around any doorframe. I take a deep breath and listen hard. I crouch down as I hear breathing coming closer. I scoot back and stand aligned with the wall. Flatter, flatter. I see a boot and then a figure from the eyeholes in my mask. I hold my breath till there is no chance of the corps falling across the party room door. The idiot doesn't even see me so I wait till there back is too me. 'For Queen and country.' The gun almost silent goes off in my hands. I don't miss. I make a dash for it sure someone has to be after me. If not the dart I sent into that guy won't last long. Sometimes I think it would be easier to just kill them, not put them to sleep.

I am almost at the final point I can smell it. I crouch low. This is the hardest point. I have to pass this open expanse. I whisper into my watch and internally have a few bad words to say to the guys back at base for not getting better equipment. They could just track me. But I guess that's half the fun, you know, getting into the suspense of it all. At any moment you could get shot because you're whispering at your watch every so many minutes. My phone vibrates. And I get the layout, finally! I needed them to continue any farther. Biorn would be hearing from me about not getting them to me quicker.

I duck behind a large sofa just as a bunch of partiers walk by. I have to sit there till they leave. I try to keep my mind on the mission but of course it wonders while I wait for them to return. I could take them out, but I only have one dart left. I could try to wrestle one. Elbow him to the ground. But then I would be jeopardizing the mission. I could have a strong handsomely beautiful agent by my side, a partner in crime. That's the reason I joined anyway. Of course though, I'm all alone. No handsome partner to protect me. I don't need protection I just need to get my hands on the whole reason I'm on this mission anyway. I hear voices walking passed. I scooch farther behind. As they walk passed. I dash across the vast open abys and into the kitchen, sliding on my socks to the box on the counter. I look around. I have done it!!! I made it! I completed the mission! I grab a cupcake. Then another. I only have two hands. Back at base they are going to be angry. They can deal. I have to go. I whip around. "AHHH Sister alert, Sister Alert!!! Run! Abort! Abort!" 'don't you dare! get those cupcakes back to base. Now agent!' I turn the other way and sprint up the stairs nerf gun dangling form one finger two, I love you pink cupcakes filling the rest. I can hear yelling. "Put those down. Those are my Valentine's Day cupcakes. Dave brought them for me! You give those back." I'm faster. I know I'm faster. There was plenty in the box. I laugh hysterically as I dash back to my room. To give Biorn the cat a few licks of icing. I slide into boyfriendless base with my stolen cupcakes. Slamming the door just in case, locking it. I have done it. She really should show compassion for the single person on this day of all days. Of course there will be consequences later, but hey, what can I say? It's a rivalry that's gone on for years. I flop down on the bed with my fluffy sock covered feet behind me. I pull off the horse mask and stuff myself. "For queen and Cupcake." I sigh, "For Queen and Cupcake."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So what did you guys think? I hope you all get chocolate one way or another this Valentine's Day.

Please Vote and Comment and follow me on twitter