Part 1

A Once in a Lifetime Opportunity!

Win a DATE with HARRY POTTER!

At this year's fourth annual New Horizons charity auction

and gala there will be a most rare and unusual item up for bid,

a Date with the hero of the wizarding world, Harry Potter!

This is the first time our young hero has been single during

the auction and has offered the dinner date as a way raise funds.

All the eligible young witches and wizards are no doubt jealous

of those lucky few who have invitations to this exclusive event-

"Are you reading that thing again?" Pansy sighed as she swept into her living room, flopping down on the cream coloured couch beside Draco. The couch matched well with the rest of the pale room.

"No," Draco said blandly, his eyes drifting down the rest of the article he almost had memorized by now.

Pansy leaned into his arm, "Would you win Potter?' she asked.

"You mean if I was even going? No one is going to give a former death eater an invitation." He frowned, folding the paper in half so he couldn't see the article but couldn't bring himself to put it down.

"But would you?" Pansy asked, and before he could answer she held up a square of ornate card stock.

Draco's eyes widened, "Is that-?"

"It is," Pansy said smugly, "It's Astoria's plus one. It took me weeks to convince her to let you have it."

His breath caught in his throat and he reached out for the invitation.

Pansy twitched it back, "Draco," she said quietly, "I will only give this to you if you win that ridiculous Potter date."

"Pans-"

"Otherwise, I will be going with my lovely girlfriend who invited me in the first place," Pansy said sternly.

Draco's voice came out strangled, "Win? You expect me to just go and-"

"Bid on Potter and win. You're certainly not lacking in funds, you need to stop being a coward."

He flinched. "Potter has never and will never care for me," he said, the words were almost physically painful to speak out loud.

Pansy sighed, "Then find out. You'll never have another chance like this, Draco. Once you know, you can move on and stop sulking."

"Malfoy's don't sulk," Draco said peevishly.

"This one does," Pansy said elbowing him in the side and then moved the invitation back in front of him.

Draco took it hesitantly, running his thumb over the gold embossed filigree around the edge.

"And just so you know," Pansy said casually, "if you don't win this auction Blaise, Astoria and I will make you suffer."

Draco swallowed hard and nodded stiffly.

Pansy patted his arm, "We're all sick to death of seeing you pine after that ridiculous Gryffindor. This will be the end of it, yes?"

He gripped the invitation tighter, "Yes."