Part 3

Harry stumbled when they landed in the narrow alleyway and Draco caught his wrist before he fell, steadying him.

"Thanks," Harry said breathlessly, his hand pressing over Draco's for a brief moment before they both let go.

"Yes, well," Draco cleared his throat nervously and sniffed, and instantly regretted it, "wouldn't want you to end up smelling like piss would we?"

"Probably against the dress code," Harry said as he headed out towards the street.

Draco chuckled, "Yes, probably."

Harry turned around so abruptly Draco nearly ran into him.

"Yes? Something the matter?" Draco raised an eyebrow in mild annoyance. Eager to get out of the stinking alley, he stepped around Harry and out onto the sidewalk. Overhead the street lights were flickering on with a weak yellow light.

"Are you really Draco Malfoy?" Harry asked following him.

Draco eyebrows rose and he crossed his arms over his chest defensively.

Harry shifted his feet, "You have to admit that you're acting very- very Un-Malfoy like," he leaned forward.

"Then ask me something only I would know," Draco sighed impatiently, "and please be succinct, we have a reservation to keep."

Harry tugged at the bottom of his jacket, his brow furrowing with indecision. Finally, he took a deep breath and said, "In sixth year what were you doing in the bathroom?"

"Ah, the hard questions," Draco felt a knot of tension lodge itself between his shoulders but he straightened his back and answered anyway, "Weeping, in quite a revolting manner. Then I believe we both overreacted quite badly. I tried to crucio you and you nearly killed me. All in all," he said with acid sarcasm, "one of the highlights of my life. Does that satisfy?"

Harry swallowed hard and Draco took the opportunity to straighten his cuffs. He ran his thumbs across his smooth silver cuff links and closed his eyes, exhaling slowly and trying to breathe some of his tension out with the air.

"Yes. Sorry," Harry said, his words sounding strangled, "I never did apologize, I meant to- to apologize, not to hurt you, I didn't even know what the spell did but I used it anyway and- and I am really sorry."

Draco rolled his eyes but felt mildly pleased that Harry even felt the need to apologize at this point. He decided to take his own reparations, reaching out and carefully pushing back a few locks of black hair that had gone wild after their rocky landing. Whatever product Harry had used to tame his ridiculous hair was surprisingly light and only made the thick black strands feel slightly damp as if he had just stepped out of the shower.

"Apology accepted," Draco said, looking from Harry's hair down to his eyes, the green colour muted to a dark jade under the street light. "I find the scars to be quite dashing, actually." He gestured down the sidewalk languidly and started walking down the street towards the restaurant.

Harry followed him, "So it did scar," he said, stuffing his hands in his pockets with a guilty look on his face.

"Yes, it did," Draco said wearily, he shook his head slightly and went for a dry joking tone, "You're going to have to be far more charming than this if you want to see them."

Harry glanced over at Draco and ducked his head.