2: Sodapops' Treat

We arrived at a place called Jay'z from walking. I was getting nervous as I squeezed my arms closer. I wasn't supposed to be here. My parents would punish me if they knew.

But why should I care?

"Hey, Martha." a soft voice aroused me.

It was Soda who was watching me.

"What?!" I hissed with my arms still crossed, my face lifting to abide him.

"Sorry.. hehe," he slightly chuckles nervously. "Are you freezin cold? Looks to me like you were shaking."

He grabbed a coat from a satchel bag he'd been carrying after getting off work and handed it to me.

I shoved the coat away.

"I don't need it," I said in disgust.

Soda frowned. He began to put it back in the satchel. "Gee.. manners bit."

"I'm a wild chick."

"A wild chick?" He lifted a brow.

I nodded.

A blue mustang slowly rolled by the street from where we stood close by. I knew that mustang and those socs in it. I was afraid I'd be seen with Soda so I reacted quick.

"Umm, Soda!" I said, grabbing the coat from his grip and threw it around me. "I really do need it! Th-thanks.."

He gave me a puzzled look then smiled and dusted his hands. "I thought you were a 'wild chick'.."

"Sure am!" I say, covering my head with the hood.

"Alright then, well.. it looks good on you," said Soda nervously, trying to lighten up the mood.

I nodded and stayed quiet.

We began making our way to the diner entrance. Sodapop follows me from behind respectfully.

"They're gone now," he whispers low.

I turn to look back at him. "You knew?"

He shrugged and smiled nervously. "Kinda did."

"Sorry.. It's just they.."

"They wouldn't want you around people like me," nods Sodapop with a small frown. "Yeah, I dig it alright."

I frowned and slowly took off the hood.

"Now why don't we go order something to eat, shall we?" says Soda smiling back.

He walked ahead of me into the diner first. I followed him and we found a table not far from the exit. He let me order whatever I wanted but warned me he didn't have much cash on him. I only wanted liquor to drink.

We ate and had small talk for a while. He told me about his family and parent's accident and Dallas a bit. He spoke about his gang too and just about how much he loved cars. I didn't talk much. I mostly listened and sipped my liquor.

"So.. what about you?"

My eyes lit up. "Me?"

"Martha Swiss.." said Soda carefully while he began to think narrowly. "Who are you as a person?"

I paused and thought about it, not knowing exactly. It was quite sad.

"I.. don't know," I told him, licking the liquor off my lips.