Candy Heart Scavenger Hunt

Nico's POV

I woke up to the sun streaming through my window and for the first time, I was happy to wake up. Because today was Valentine's Day, and I'd be spending the entire day with Will. Chiron was letting everyone off training for the day, and Will said he had something special planned for me. Maybe we would have a picnic, or go for a hike. I pulled open my drawers and pulled on a pair of black jeans, my usual converse and the Camp Half Blood tee shirt that I had gotten at the very beginning of cap, just to add a splash of color. 

I opened the door to my cabin, and found birds chirping for the first time this year, and the dirty snow had disappeared from the ground, letting soft green grass and tiny white flowers sprout up from the ground. I could feel the romance in the air, but one thing ruined the sight. Percy was standing in front of the door, wrapped in thick pink ribbon with a bow on top of his head and holding a bunch of multicolored heart shaped balloons. He was wearing a neon pink shirt and neon pink skinny jeans, his black hair was messy and his face had a disgruntled look. I wondered how long he had been standing there.

"Percy?" I snorted. "What are you doing." 

"Will made me do it," he sighed, handing me the balloons. "It was either me or Jason, and I lost the bet." 

"So, what did Will plan?" I asked. 

"Scavenger hunt," Percy responded. "You have to find clues to find him." He handed me a small, fifty cent box of candy hearts. "There's going to be one of these at each hint. Will told me to tell you that if you didn't eat every single heart he would kill you." 

"I'm sure he would," I chuckled, opening the box. I pulled out the first heart, a green one that said kiss me on the front. I popped it in my mouth, hoping that we could do more than that once I found Will.( ;). 

"So," I asked, continuing to eat the candy hearts, "Where do I go first?"

"Climbing wall." Percy nodded to the climbing wall, with lava still barreling down the wall. "Hey, before you go, could you unwrap me?" He gestured to the pink ribbon tightly wrapped around him. 

"Sure, Percy," I smirked. I unwound the ribbon and instead wrapped it around his waist and tied it in a bow. 

"Hey!" he complained. 

"It's a compromise," I responded, and dashed to the climbing wall. 

I thought I could see the pink candy heart box and the top of the climbing wall, near the bell, but I couldn't be sure. I grabbed two of the small handholds on the climbing wall and pulled myself up, dodging a rock flying at me from the top. 

I was in decently good shape which was lucky for me, because the climbing wall wasn't a joke. The lava singed the sleeve of my shirt, charring it slightly black. It was fine, though, because this was probably the only time I would wear it. I grabbed onto the last handhold, pulled myself up to the top, and grabbed the box of candy hearts. The lava stopped flowing down and the rocks stopped falling. I heard an angry cry from a couple down at the bottom, who presumably wanted to do some couple bonding on the slightly deadly climbing wall. I grabbed the piece of paper that came along with the candy hearts and hopped down, taking the handholds three at a time. 

"What does it say?" Percy asked, leaning over my shoulder as I unfolded the piece of paper. He looked slightly more comfortable after he had unwrapped the ribbon, but it was still tied tightly around his waist. 

"I get my supplies from here," I murmured. "Maybe the garden behind the cabins?" I looked at Percy. "You know what the hints mean." 

"I'm not telling you, figure it out," Percy laughed. I punched him on the arm.