Città Dell'Amore (part 2)

Sorry about not updating this story last week, I was super busy but here it is now and I hope you enjoy!

Will's POV

He could feel his eyelids drooping as he stretched out on the couch, sipping coffee quietly as he watched the rays of the sun touch even the darkest corners of the city, the streets already bustling with activity. He could hear the whisk scratching at the side of a ceramic bowl as Percy whipped eggs for breakfast, Annabeth still sound asleep and Jessica was stepping out of their room, stretching as a yawn escaped her mouth. For a few seconds Will basked in the quiet of the apartment, the radio playing a song that Will had never heard in a language that he didn't know. The melody was soft, however, and he let it wash over him as he took a sip of the boiling liquid in front of him.

"Will, where's that milk that you got last night?"Percy asked, sticking his head out of the fridge. 

"What milk?" 

"You know, the milk you were absolutely obsessed with yesterday?" Percy said. "Remember it was like nine at night and you insisted on going out and getting milk?"

"Oh, I forgot it," Will blushed, turning back to his coffee. 

"Yeah, that was weird," Jessica said, jumping onto the couch next to Will and pressing a kiss to his cheek. "How do you forget the only thing you went to the store for?"

"Sometimes things like that just happen," Will said with a nervous chuckle, taking a sip of his coffee with a trembling hand. "You can't explain it, I guess."

"Yeah, I guess," Jessica said as she wrapped her arm around Will's waist, squeezing him tightly. Will felt shivers rocket up his spine. "We should go on a date today."

"A what?"

"A date," Jessica grinned. "You know, just the two of us, having some alone time."

"What about a double date?" Will asked, leaning his head back and making eye contact with Percy. "Percy, you and Annabeth want to come?"

"We're going to a museum after she wakes up," Percy said as he whisked the egg and poured it into a pan. "But you two should go, it sounds nice. You guys never spend any time together."

"Yeah, it sounds nice," Jessica grinned, looping her arms around Will's neck. "We can go for brunch. There's a little place a few blocks from here that I think you'll like. I'm so excited!"

"Hey, you guys want some scrambled eggs?" Percy asked, turning around and shooting them a grin. "There's extra."

"I'm good," Will said with a tight smile as Jessica rested her head on his shoulder, smiling sleepily. "I'm not really that hungry."

------

"Look at how cute this place is!" Jessica squealed, squeezing Will's bicep. Plants hung from the ceiling, greenery  cascading down onto the cobblestone floor. Pastries were showcased in the display case and a barista passed a frothy coffee across the counter to a boy with shaggy black hair. "Let's sit here." She patted the smooth surface of a round wooden table, the cracks in the oak covered by a glassy glaze. The black chair was comfortable despite its cold plastic material and Will felt himself relaxing as he glanced around the cafe, the fairy lights strung up around the wall casting a pale yellow light onto the wall, covered in black and white photos that screamed with emotion. There was something about the place that was homey, like a warm chocolate chip cookie that melted in your mouth or a tight hug from an old friend. 

"What do you think you're going to get?" Jessica asked, frowning at the dark green menu. Il caffè del marciapiede was scrawled on the front of the menu and when Will wracked his brain he managed to pull up The Sidewalk Cafe from his four years of high school Italian, taken despite the fact that his dream of going to Italy had seemed like nothing more than a fantasy his freshman year. The name of the cafe was effortlessly simplistic but it was somehow beautiful, like a singe flower standing out in the middle of a field. "I think I'm going to get avocado toast." Jessica's voice steamrolled his thoughts and brought him back to reality, compelling him to open up his menu and scan the dishes listed in Italian, white lettering on dark green paper that reminded him of a forest.