Late again

(Makoto's POV)

  I got up earlier than I excepted to, I set my alarm to wake me up at around seven but I woke at six. Guess I'm used to waking up earlier since my younger siblings liked to come in and bother me early morning during the weekends and breaks. I quickly took a shower and dressed which left me plenty of time to gather my homework and make sure it was all finished.
  Grabbing my bag I walked down to find my mother making some tea for herself, enjoying some alone time. I smiled walking over and grasped her shoulders gently and giving her a kiss on the cheek "Good morning mom, did you sleep well?" She let out and small giggle and patted my hand.

  "Yes I did Makoto , thank you for asking." "I'm glad" Giving  her a smile I walked past her to enter the laundry room. "Swim practice today?" "Yeah so I'm going to be a little late, sorry I know I'm supposed to pick up Ren and Ran today but I  won't be able to. It was a last minute set up." She walked over to the cup-board and grabbed my bento box and started preparing it, walking out with my swim stuff I gently took the rice scoop from her hand and smiled at her. "Don't worry I can prepare my lunch, you just sit and relax a bit." "You're  such a sweetheart."

  She grabbed her cup and sat at the table quietly sipping on her tea. It was nice being around her, she had such a calming personality that set anyone's nerves at ease, my mom wasn't much of a talker in the morning but I didn't mind. As I finished packing my lunch she decided to speak keeping her voice quiet so no one else except for me could hear her. "Why are you up so early?"
  I let out a small chuckle rubbing the back of my neck "Well Ren and Ran kept waking me up early during the weekends and on school break so I guess I'm used to it." I looked over at her and propped my hands on the counter behind me. "I'm going to Haru's to wake him up. Maybe this time we won't be late." My mom let out a small laugh and nodded "All right, you two be safe." "We will mom" I grabbed my stuff and walked over and kissed the top of her head "I'll see you after practice."

  I stopped at the steps leading up to Haru's place and petted the white kitten that always hung around there. "I'll sneak you some mackerel from Haru's place okay?" Getting up I ran up to his door "Haru?! Are you awake yet?" No response; that shouldn't shock me considering that this is how every morning went. Gently setting my hand on the door I pushed it open. When will he learn to lock his door?
  I shook my head and stepped inside "Haru? Are you here?" Walking around the hall I made my way up to the bathroom checking the time: about seven. Time really does fly by. I knocked before walking in and sure enough he was sitting in his bathtub like every morning. Smiling I extend my hand and gave him a closed eyed smile "Good morning Haru, how did you-" "Please stop calling me that."

  My smile faded as I looked at his usual stoic face but laughed it off as he took my hand. "Sorry it's a habit" "Whatever." He sighed and dried his hair as he got out of the tub and went to the kitchen. "Get dressed we're going to be late" I said checking the time to see that my statement rung true. Running down I saw him putting on his apron and having his pans out to cook. It's official...we're late again.