Chapter 3

Welcome To The New Age - Divergent

TRIS POV

I cock an eyebrow. "Really? You don't act like it" I say. "Well I believe your career doesn't define you. Just like your choices" he tells me, looking at me. I shrug "mine does. I have devoted my life to my career. To serve and protect others. It's what defines me because I have nothing else".

"What about your parents?" He asks. "My father hates me, even though he was a cop, he wanted me to do something that would get me 'far' in life. Obviously, I became a cop and after that, he stopped talking to me. My mother was sick for a long time, but wouldn't talk about it. I'm not close with them at all. My brother died in a car accident last year" I answer, kicking stones as we walk.

"I'm sorry" he's giving me pity. I hate it when people do that. "Don't be" and I notice we are at a RV, I'm guessing the RV. He unlocks it and I step inside, I notice it's compact, but enough to fit 6 people comfortably. "Where should we put the supplies?" I ask. He points to a cupboard that has a lock on it. Smart. I walk over to it but it's locked. "I don't suppose you have the key for this too?".

He nods and passes the key. I unlock it and surprisingly, there's nothing in it, just a bunch of boxes on shelves. I notice a permanent marker sitting on one of the shelves. Maybe I should label each box with the correct interior? Good idea. I reach up and grab the permanent marker, then a box, it's the smallest so it should be for ammo.

I sit it on the table and Four looks quzzingly at me. "I'm going to label each box so we know what's in each of them" I tell him. He smiles "great idea". I label the box ammo and open my backpack up. I grab out all my ammo and neatly stack it in the box. I put the slightly heavier box back on it's shelf and start on the next box, labelled food.

I continue until my backpack is empty and there's one box left. I should label it storage. I put storage on it with holsters and backpacks in brackets. I put my backpack in it but don't take off my holsters. I need to be armed. "Looks good" Four comments, looking at the now loaded cupboard. ''My stuff alone should last us a week at most. Christina and Will have bought a couple of backpacks as well" I tell him.

He nods and walks out. Soon he comes back with 4 backpacks. I start by taking all the ammo out, so I don't have to revisit boxes. In a half hour, everything is stored. "Good job" he says to me and walks out. What's his problem? He blows hot and cold. He seems kind but has a tough tendency.

I just sigh and head back. I notice everyone is at the table talking. I smile at them. They look at me expectedly. "It's all in the RV, it's in the cupboard and in labelled boxes, to make it easier. We should all get some rest. I'm on first watch" I remind them. They nod and head off. Uriah grabs me by the arm "want some company?". "Go to sleep. I don't want to keep you awake" I shoo him away.

Everyone here needs to sleep. I watch as they all go to different rooms. I observe that Zeke's is right behind the RV, he has the next shift. I sit on the chair on top of the RV, waiting. Two hours surprisingly passes quickly, without any excitement. It's 1am now. I go knock on Zeke's door and after 5 minutes, he opens the door. "Go to sleep Tris, I've got it from here" he tells me.

I walk over to one of the rooms I know isn't occupied. It opens easily and I scan the room. Clean made bed, clean room, nobody has slept in here. I lay down and just close my eyes, dreaming of a better tomorrow.

_______________^•^_______________

I got school tomorrow #fml

My cat is sitting on me joy

I just watched grown ups 2, It was fricken hilarious. I love the part where all the bald headed family go WHATTTTTTTTT?

INSTAGRAM: @arenaofinitiates

Another INSTAGRAM of mine that I just made is @sheovideos

Yep. Shailene woodley and theo James videos. Of them in interviews. It's adorable.

Also IMPORTANT NOTICE

I won't be updating any or my stories for 4 more days. I have just started the school year (in Australia, it's the start of the school year, I'm in year 9 this year). I already have homework and they are giving out our MacBooks tomorrow so I'll need to play with that 😏😏😏😏. Please don't kill me! It's just school is sorta more important then my wattpad :) but I will try to post on Instagram if i can. I'll make sure to update MOST of my stories over the weekend so don't worry, there are updates coming :)

I'm like apple central now. I have An

- IPad mini

- IPhone 5S

- IPod 4th gen

And now a MacBook. Oh god. I sound like a spoilt brat. PS I SAVED UP FOR THAT PHONE